Saturday, February 1, 2014

Shapin' Up and Slimmin' Down!

I went down 0.6 pounds this week!

For anyone reading this who might be thinking, "She's given up junk food, yet losing a minimal amount of weight, and is happy about it?" Yes, I am! I have always lost weight very slowly, but the upside to that is I gain weight slowly, too. Also, I'm losing weight in a way that truly is a lifestyle change, and not a diet. I have tried doing the newest fad of "clean eating." I just can't commit to it. I need to find a way to lose weight while drinking more coffee than I should, more diet Coke than I should, and eating some processed foods (I know it sounds weird, but I do love Hamburger Helper!). I'm almost 30 (eeek! That's tough to say), I'm a mom, and a wife, and I have to find a way to not feel deprived while taking care of my child, the house, my husband, and myself. Plus, since starting my journey, I have yet to actually gain anything. I take it back, I might have gained weight one week in the beginning. But still, I'm not yo-yoing up and down...it's coming off consistently every week, but slowly.

This Week's Successes:
1. We went to On the Border for dinner one evening. I had 0 chips, and ordered corn tortillas instead of flour (corn is better for you), and only ate half my dinner quesadillas and saved the rest for lunch the next day.
2. I ran 3 miles one day this week, and held a steady 11-minute-mile pace the entire time! This shaved 30 seconds to a minute off my normal average pace! Pre-pregnancy I could run 4-5 miles and hold a pace of 10 minutes per mile, so I'm trying to get back to that. Again, slow and steady wins the race!
3. I worked out hard core this week! I love waking up the next morning, and still being a bit sore, so that I know I did something good for myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment