Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Look Whooo Is 5 Months Old!


We're a day late on her monthly pictures. Oops! I've been battling cold-like symptoms since Thursday. On Sunday, they were getting worse and worse, so on Monday Michel told me I should go to Legacy ER (where he works part-time) to make sure it wasn't anything serious; plus, since he's an employee we don't have to pay our co-pay, so it was free. So I went yesterday and it turns out I have a sinus infection (I get these all the time). I got a prescription for that, and then around lunch time yesterday, my stomach started feeling weird. It was some kind of weird 24 hour stomach bug. I ate lunch, but a lot smaller than normal, and for dinner I had toast and crackers. I had the same meal for breakfast today, but by lunch time I was feeling back to myself. It's been a weird 36 hours! So, all that to say, that's why I'm late in posting this. Now on to the cute baby!

First, how is it possible that this sweet baby is already 5 months old??? In one way I feel like we just brought her home from the hospital, but in another way I feel like she's been in our lives so long that I don't even remember what life was like without her!

This girl is soooo much fun! I thoroughly enjoy staying home with her. We sing lots of songs because every time I do she gets a huge smile on her face! This month has been my favorite so far because I've seen so many new skills develop! Her already-social personality has become even more social, and I just love her to pieces!

Weight: Don't know exact #s, but I would guess she weighs around 14 1/2 pounds.

Length: Again, don't know for sure, but I would guess around 25-26 inches.

Head circumference: No clue :)

Sleep: She now only takes 3 naps a day: a morning nap, an afternoon nap, and a short late-evening nap. Either her morning nap or afternoon nap will be about 2 1/2 hours long. The other nap will be about an hour and a half, and her late evening nap is 30 minutes to an hour long. She goes to bed between 8 and 8:30, and wakes up between 7:30 and 8 a.m.!

Eating: We finally have a good eater on our hands again! We figured out she just wasn't hungry enough to want to eat 5 times a day, so we cut it back to 4 times a day. I feed her at 8am, 12pm, 4pm, and usually 7-7:30 in the evening. She eats anywhere from 4-8oz at a time, but her overall intake for the day is generally about 24-27oz. She's chunking up quite nicely :)

Clothes: We're all over the place in clothes. Most of her 0-3 month outfits still fit, so she still wears them, but can also wear a size 3M, and most 3-6 month clothes fit her, too. Some are still a bit big on her.

New Achievements this month:
1. She's adding new sounds into her babbling! We have heard /b/, bwah, blah, and one time I heard a /d/, but I've only heard it once so I don't know if it was an accident or not.
2. She started imitating body movements. Sometimes when we're on the floor playing during tummy time, I'll tell her "Mommy's going night night" and I'll lay my head down and make a snoring sound, and then pop my head up and say, "I'm awake!" (she thinks it's funny). One time I was doing it and I noticed when I put my head down, she put her head down; when my head was up, her head was up. She was doing it so well and I got my camera out to record, but of course, then she stopped doing it. Stinker.
3. She can roll from her tummy to her back. Michel and I haven't actually witnessed it, but I looked at her on the baby monitor one morning when she was making noise and she was on her back (she had been sleeping on her tummy). She doesn't do this often.
4. She knows how to blow raspberries
5. I'm 99% sure she understands what the word and sign "finish" mean. I tell her we're "finished" or "all done" at the end of books, bath time, eating, etc, and I also sign it. One day when I was suctioning snot out of her nose, she was crying, and I told her "We're finished" and I signed it, and she smiled!
6. How to splash her arms and legs in the tub - and what fun splashing can be!


I'm sure I'm forgetting so much! I need to start writing these things down when I see them in the moment. I can just really tell she's starting to understand her world around her :)

Things she likes:
1. She still likes talking
2. Blowing raspberries
3. Her own sneezes - they make her smile every time :)
4. Her daddy! I really think she's a Daddy's girl. She seems to really show a preference for him over me when we're at home
5. The exersaucer - I think it's become her new favorite toy
6. Long car rides
7. People - we went to the Deaf Ed Show on Saturday (talent show put on by Plano Deaf Ed program), and I got to see a lot of my former students, co-workers,  and parents, and Audrey did so good! We were there for an hour and a half, and she had no problem letting strangers hold her, smiling at everyone who talked to her, and staying fairly quiet while we watched the show. I was so proud of her!
8. Sucking her thumb
9. Trying to get both fists in her mouth at the same time
10. Ninja - she talks to him anytime she sees him. He's still slightly scared of her. He'll get really close, but if she moves at all, he'll run, or at least back away quickly!
11. Tummy sleeping
12. Big girl baths - I used to bathe her in the sink until after Christmas. I tried giving her a bath on a little chair handed down to me from my sister and Audrey HATED it! She didn't feel secure on it, and felt like she was going to fall off. We bought her an actual baby bathtub that goes inside of our bathtub and she loves it! 

Things she doesn't like:
1. Men with facial hair - it still makes her cry
2. Strangers talking to her when she's just woken up - when we went to the Deaf Ed show, I was greeted by a parent and she was talking to Audrey, and Audrey started crying! Luckily those were the only tears shed the entire performance, and Audrey warmed up to the mom quickly, and eventually showed her what a cute smile she has. Also, on Sunday when we were walking into church, we were greeted by an older man, and she started crying at him, too. He had no facial hair, so all I can come up with is that new faces are a bit overwhelming to her when she just woke up.
3. Not getting the bottle in her mouth fast enough! Especially during the first feeding of the day. As soon as I put her in my lap and start putting her bib on, she's fussing....a pitiful fuss like she's just beyond famished. It's really cute/funny in my opinion.

She's a drama queen sometimes, but her daddy and I love her!

2 comments:

  1. That second picture of her in the bathtub is my new favorite! Can't wait to see her in a couple of weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a sweetie! I love all the new things she's learning. You're going to be so glad you've recorded all this for later when you are trying to remember all these milestones.

    ReplyDelete