Saturday, June 15, 2013

Texas Hill Country Day 3

So sorry for the long delay between posts, but I got off of the blogging bandwagon while on vacation. Whenever we finished our events for the day we would go back to the resort, hang out in the pool for awhile, and then get showered and dressed to go out to dinner, or order room service. Yeah, we totally spoiled ourselves on this vacation!

Anyways, prior to us leaving on our vacation I had told Michel that I really wanted to go to Sea World. San Antonio was about an hour and a half to two-hour long drive from where we were staying. Not exactly close, but closer than we were in Wylie. So on Tuesday we decided it would be a good day because, well, why not? :)

I didn't take any pictures because I hate carrying a purse into somewhere like Sea World, so I just stuck some necessities in my pocket and went in. We were there from about 10:30-3:30. We only were able to see 2 shows in that time - one was a show that didn't even feature sea animals, but dogs, cats, rats, a pig, birds, and ducks! It actually ended up being our favorite show that we saw! All of the animals (dogs and cats at least) had been rescued from local animal shelters and were either strays that had been picked up and taken to the shelter, or owner-surrenders. I liked the show because it really just featured animals doing their own natural behaviors, just in specific ways at specific times. Altogether, there were over 100 animals in the half-hour long show.

The other show we saw was the Shamu show. Normally, it's a favorite. Now, I think it's lame. I hate to say it. Ever since that trainer, Dawn Brancheau, was killed by a killer whale in Orlando in 2010, trainers are no longer allowed in the water. I don't know if all the shows are like this, but the show that we saw was called One Ocean, and was a bit political/tree-huggerish for our taste. Plus, there was very little live whale action, and more video footage of ocean animals in their natural environment. We were a bit disappointed in this show.

We really did have a lot of fun at Sea World, and I'm really glad we went, but we did see that it will be WAAAY more fun when we can take Audrey in a few years. I think things like Sea World will be more fun when we see them through the eyes of a child!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to take pearson to sea World. I think we are going to do it next summer. We thought about doing it this summer, but I think he still might be a little to young. Next summer when he is 3 it will be perfect!!

    ReplyDelete