Sunday, June 16, 2013

Baby Bump 27 weeks



How far along are you? 27 weeks


How are you measuring? Right on track hopefully...go back to the OB on Friday

How big is your baby? According to Babycenter.com Audrey is about 2 full lbs and around 14 1/2 inches long (about the size of a head of cauliflower)

What major developments is your baby undergoing this week? She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, and has more brain tissue developing which means her brain is very active now! Lungs are still immature, but would be capable of functioning should she choose to make her grand entrance in the world (but we're hoping she'll stay put for quite awhile longer)

Heartbeat: 157 beats/minute...again we'll know more on Friday at the OB

Total weight gain/loss: Eeeek.....+20 pounds exactly! Not gonna lie...I gained about 3-4 pounds this week while we were on vacation. I didn't work out once while we were on vacation and had dessert twice a day. So I can't say that I'm all that surprised that I gained 3-4 pounds. Heck, maybe I'm a little glad it wasn't more than that :)

Maternity clothes: Yup...I pretty much only wear maternity shirts out in public, but I have some tank tops that I only wear around the house that were big and baggy pre-pregnancy. Now, they're not so big and baggy, but they're not tight either, so they're pretty comfy for house-clothes.

Stretch marks: I now have 3 faint ones on each hip. Yay...

Sleep: Sleep?? You mean that thing that I try to get in between my 3-4 bathroom trips a night? I hoped once we got back from vacation I could sleep in my own bed more comfortably, but it's still hard. I officially cannot sleep on my stomach anymore. I'm grateful I was able to make it work up until 26 weeks, so I just need to make it work for the next 13 weeks. 

Movement: I still haven't figured out her sleeping/waking periods like baby sites say that I should be. I can tell you as I'm typing this she's sleeping because she hasn't moved in awhile. Oh, and I have started feeling baby hiccups! Poor girl has gotten them a couple times in the last couple weeks, but I think it's so sweet to feel!

Food cravings: Dr Pepper. I'm careful to limit my caffeine and not overdo it, but that was one of my indulgences on vacation because there was a bar at the pool, so everyday I would get a Dr. Pepper when we were at the pool! It was soooo yummy and really quenched my thirst!

Gender: A sweet girl!

What I miss: Definitely sleeping comfortably. On the plus side, my heartburn hasn't been giving me too much trouble this week, so at least when one thing flares up something else goes away. I need to stop complaining...I've had it pretty easy so far!

What I'm looking forward to: Getting the house put together. I've bought several things to go in the house in the last month, and some are art projects that I knew would have to wait for summer. Now that summer's here, and we're having our small group friends over to our house next weekend, I'm really motivated to start, and finish, my projects!

How are you feeling: Pretty good

1 comment:

  1. Don't stress out about your weight gain. I definitely did and I wish I wouldn't have. I gained the just the right amount to have a healthy almost 8 lb baby and then lost all the baby weight within 4-5 months. I had probably gained about this much at this point, so you are fine. It's soooooooo hard to not gain weight in the 3rd trimester since the baby is growing so much. If you plan on breastfeeding, it really helps with losing the weight. So like I said, don't stress out, it's the only time in your life it's really okay to gain weight!!!

    ReplyDelete