Saturday, June 8, 2013

Closing a Chapter of My Life...

Since I was 5 years old, my entire life has revolved around the school schedule. August-May/June = school; June-August = SUMMER!!! After I graduated high school, I went straight to college, grad school, and have been a teacher since August of 2007.

June 7, 2013 marked the end of my sixth year of teaching as well as the end of my teaching career. Michel and I had planned on getting pregnant during the 2012-2013 school year for awhile. We knew that if it happened that this school year would be my last one working. When I found out that I was pregnant this past January, I was ecstatic! Not only were we becoming parents, I was kind of excited about not working anymore to be totally honest. I am so excited for my baby girl to arrive in September, and for me to be able to stay at home with her full-time! I can raise her with the morals and values that are so important to Michel and myself (and for anyone reading this who doesn't stay at home please do not take this as me bashing those who don't stay at home - this is totally a personal preference).

I've learned A LOT from teaching! Until I taught pre-k I don't think I realized how important toys are to small children's learning. Toys at a young level are not just for play - they are extremely educational! They teach cause/effect, colors and shapes, and puzzles are incredibly important for teaching problem solving skills. I've had to actually teach so many of my kids how to play, and how to use toys properly.

I want to say that I'm sad to close this chapter in my life, and that I'll really miss being a teacher, but I can't bring myself to say that. I'm REALLY excited about being a mommy and being with my baby girl everyday! I might return to the profession one day; I might not. I'll just have to see where life takes me! But for now, I'm closing the chapter in my life that revolves around the school calendar, and am so excited to open the chapter of my life that is all about baby :)

1 comment:

  1. I don't miss teaching one bit! You will absolutely love not working and staying home with Audrey!

    ReplyDelete