Thursday, April 18, 2013

Meet Audrey Grace Zoutendam

April 17, 2013 is the day that I'd been waiting for since New Year's Day when I found out that I was pregnant - we were going to find out the sex of our sweet baby! It wasn't truly a surprise because we had gotten a sono done at 12 1/2 weeks and the doctor said she was about 80% positive that it was a girl - turns out she was right!

I took the entire day off of work because I wanted to make a special day of it with Michel. We got a great report from the doctor, and I cannot thank God enough that not only has he blessed us with a little girl, he's blessed us with a HEALTHY baby girl! The doctor said that she was measuring right on track and was able to get a measurement of her length and weight. She weighs about 7 oz. and is about 7 inches long. This sonogram was so much different than any of the other ones that I'd had done because they were measuring all areas of her head, heart, etc. She wasn't cooperating with her chin angle (hers was up, the doctor wanted it down more) so he kept poking me to get her to move her head. She finally did, but it makes me wonder if she's going to be stubborn like her daddy because it took a lot of poking to get her to move! She was pretty chill during the entire thing, so maybe I should have had some caffeine or sugar to get her moving. Luckily, the doctor saw everything he needed to see including a clear view between her legs when she mooned the camera!

This is her butt with her legs spread apart! 
Here's a shot of her profile:


Seeing her on camera just makes me anxious to see her in person! What will she look like, what kind of personality will she have??

After our appointment Michel and I went to Jason's Deli for their awesome salad bar and of course, their free frozen yogurt! After that we went to Target and began registering for items. I got sidetracked with all the adorable baby girl clothes...I want them all, but I know it's not practical to buy cute newborn outfits because she'll be sleeping so much. I did buy some adorable ladybug pj's at the garage sale that Michel and I went to last weekend. Can't wait to see Audrey in them :)

About a month ago I realized that our gender sono was occurring on a Wednesday, and we always get together with our small group on Wednesday nights. We also trade off who will bring dessert, so I knew that this would be the perfect opportunity. I could do a small gender reveal with our dessert. I'm not a big cake fan, so I decided to dye vanilla ice cream with food coloring (I love ice cream!). So I ordered these cups online to put individual servings of ice cream in.


When they opened the lid they would see the pink ice cream inside.


Sadly, I forgot to take a picture of the group, but we had a lot of fun telling our sweet friends about our little girl! Audrey is already so loved by our friends and family...it will be a long 21 weeks until we meet her!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! She already has a mind of her own. I would say that's just like her mommy!!

    On a different note, it looks like they might have misspelled your last name on the sonogram. Did you notice that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited for you guys! Another baby girl for our small group!

    ReplyDelete