Sunday, April 14, 2013

I love weekends!!

Like any teacher, I live for weekends! And my kids that I have this year are wonderful, and I enjoy seeing them each day, but it is nice to have a break to decompress. Saturday was full of fun. We got up early to hit up the Woodbridge neighborhood garage sale. Unfortunately, a lot of people had that idea and we ended up striking out. I bought a super cute pajama set for $0.75 and a Bumbo from our next door neighbors (who were also having a garage sale) for $10! Then I met up with a friend that I used to go to church with for lunch and we had a great time catching up. Michel and I went out for dinner, and just had fun having a laid-back day.

Today, Michel and I enjoyed a wonderful day at church seeing our friends. In Sunday School, our teacher is starting a new series on parenting and I am so excited to learn about how to be a godly parent raising a godly child. I really love Sunday afternoons because they are almost always fun, lazy days! Even Ninja likes lazy days. He and I had been playing (I tossed his squirrel and he would either jump and catch it or run after it). After about 10 minutes or so, this is what our play session turned into:

He looks very vicious :)
For dinner tonight, Michel decided to make us a home-made pizza. I don't think I've ever had one that was home-made, so I'm pretty excited to try it out! Here's my awesome man hard at work in the kitchen :)


This is why I love my weekends :)

1 comment:

  1. Do you not remember all the homemade pizzas I made (or does heating up a frozen one not count)? LOL

    ReplyDelete