Sunday, April 21, 2013

Baby Bump: Week 19




How far along are you? 19 weeks

How far are you measuring? Baby measured at 17w5d when I went to the doctor on Wednesday at 18w3d. Not gonna lie...I was a little concerned, but I was told that later sonograms aren't always that accurate, and babies in the womb grow at different rates just like once they're born...hoping that means our girl got the petite gene!

How big is your baby?
She measured 7 inches long and 7 ounces

What major developments is your baby going through right now? All of her senses are developing...babycenter.com suggests I start singing to her, but I think I'll spare us all from having to hear that! 

Heartbeat: 158 bpm
Weight gain: +8 lbs....OK, earlier this week I got scared because I hadn't gained any weight from my last OB appt 3 weeks ago...then I gained about 2 lbs this week and I'm worrying that I'm gaining too much weight too quickly. There's just no pleasing me! 

How far along are you? 18 weeks

How far are you measuring? Right on track hopefully....I go to the doctor on Wednesday!

How big is your baby? About 5 1/2 inches long, and weighs about 7 ounces

What major developments is your baby going through right now? Ears have moved to their final position. If baby's a girl her fallopian tubes have formed and are in place; if baby's a boy his genitals are visible.

Heartbeat: 171 bpm at our last sono...again, we'll know for sure on Wednesday!

Total weight gain/loss: +6 lbs

Maternity clothes: I'm wearing maternity clothes most of the time...I wear maternity bottoms 100% of the time; tops - I still wear my regular tops and they're still comfortable and fit. I did try on some of my regular pants that I own that are made from stretchy material and they still fit, though they are getting snug where I fasten them. 

Stretch marks: No!

Movement: I have started feeling her move. I can generally only feel it if I'm still; it's still not strong enough for me to feel, or for me to notice, if I'm up and moving (like when I'm at work). I can't wait until her kicks are strong enough for Michel to feel!

Sleep: I generally get up twice to go to the bathroom, and I discovered that I can go to sleep on my stomach but I wake up on my side, so I think Audrey is telling me that I'm squishing her!

Gender predictions: It's a precious baby girl!! Audrey Grace Zoutendam

What I miss: Being able to go longer than 30 minutes without going to the bathroom! It doesn't happen all the time, but I went for a power walk this afternoon (in my defense I had had quite a bit to drink earlier that afternoon), but I couldn't go more than 10 minutes away without feeling like I needed to pee again! It was ridiculous....

What I'm most looking forward to: Six more weeks of school until summer vacation!! Once summer vacation starts Michel and I can get our nursery set up, and my sister is going to come spend a few days with us and help me create some Pinterest and Etsy-inspired crafts!!!

How are you feeling: Really good! I've had weird things happen here and there. Yesterday I got up to put my breakfast dishes away and I felt like my heart was racing and I started feeling a little dizzy! I laid down for about 10 minutes and it all went away completely and never came back. Luckily I live with a paramedic, and he has paramedic textbooks and we found that random, short dizzy spells are not uncommon, nor are they worrisome. I've also had dull pain in my left side that feels like dull menstrual cramps that I assume are round ligament pains. Not trying to complain; I'm just documenting everything!

2 comments:

  1. I think documenting everything is a great idea. It's hard to remember these things when you are past each stage. Plus you'll have a record for your doctor, which is always helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that beautiful baby bump! We are so excited for your sweet Audrey Grace!

    ReplyDelete