Sunday, April 7, 2013

Happy Birthday, Uncle Jerry!

At the end of March, we all drove down to the tiny town of Brashear, TX to surprise my uncle for his 60th birthday party! My cousins had driven in from Missouri and College Station, TX. I don't get to see them all that often, so I was excited to celebrate my uncle's birthday while seeing my cousins. The weekend was a bit chillier than anybody expected. We were having a hot dog cookout complete with some s'mores! We had so much fun!!!

We were hiding in my uncle's welding shop and he had been told that he had a present from my cousins out in the shop that was too big to bring in the house. We jumped out and yelled, "surprise!" when he walked in.




The fire outside kept us warm, but my sister had been out of town at a women's church retreat, so Ryan was in charge of his kids, and didn't quite dress them warmly enough. Luckily, my aunt had some spare clothes around for them to wear :)

It may be a little big on him ;)
Karys looks happy under her blanket!
Some party guests: my cousin, Anna and her husband, David


My cousin, Dan, his wife, Erica, and Erica's mom, Vicky


And of course, the cutest partygoers every: 


Here's all of us! It really was a fun day/evening with everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment