Saturday, January 11, 2014

Shapin' Up and Slimmin' Down!

I only went down 0.4 lbs this week, but a loss is still a loss. Considering how much I run/walk, I was hoping to see more than that. Oh well!

I have a few things I want to highlight that I'm proud of myself for doing:
1. Trying to run/walk 70 miles in the month of January when I don't have access to a treadmill, or a gym was craziness on my part. I'm still trying to get it done, though! Rain and cold weather has been my disadvantage this week. I got creative and walked Wal-Mart for about 40 minutes (pretty sure the employees thought I was nuts because I was just walking with a baby stroller and obviously wasn't buying anything). Yesterday I walked for about an hour at Stonebriar. It's bigger than Wal-Mart, so I could walk way faster, and nobody was paying attention to the crazy lady walking with the baby stroller :)
2. Last Sunday, Michel and I went to Texas Roadhouse to eat lunch after church, and I didn't have ANY rolls! Do you know how much I love their rolls with the sweet butter?? Mmmm.... :)
3. I remembered that the Wylie Rec Center will let you pay $8 for a day pass, so I went there on Thursday while Michel was home to stay with Audrey and ran over 4 miles on a treadmill!
4. Though it's only been 11 days, I'm still way proud of the fact I haven't had a morsel of junk food, yet I don't feel like I've deprived myself in any way. I have Weight Watcher candy, and Skinny Cow candy, as well as fat-free, sugar-free pudding to help me out when/if my sweet tooth hits, but mainly I've just been saving them as my weekend indulgence :)

2 comments:

  1. As soon as Audrey turns 6 months you need to join the gym. It was the best $250 we spent. (or something like that…..I can't remember the exact price) But if you buy a whole year membership you get free childcare included. We would go to the gym at least 3 days during the week right after breakfast and then he would crash when we came home for a good morning nap!! I got a work out in, Pearson had fun playing and interacting with other kids, and then I got a nice break when we got home because he always took such a good nap. It will be a while before I can join again since they don't take babies under 6 months, but I'll be there as soon as I can!! Another thing you could do to get some gym access in these cold months is do a trial membership at all the gyms around. Most do a week free. You could do 24 hr fitness, lifetime and lady fitness of america. THere is a little gym in the shopping center by my house and one near Dairy Queen. I'm sure you wouldn't get childcare with the trial memberships but you could go when Michel is home!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely plan on joining the Wylie Rec center in March (when Audrey will be 6 months old). Until then, I just have to get creative. But that's a good idea to do some trial memberships...I hadn't thought of that. :)

      Delete