Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Physical Therapy Eval

Audrey and I had a fun day out today! She had her PT eval at 1:30, and one of my friends works there, so we met up for lunch beforehand. Once again, when I'm eating lunch with a friend, Audrey will cry. As soon as I get her out of her carseat, she is all smiles! She just wants to see the action! I wish I had gotten my camera out quickly because Courtney was holding Audrey at one point, and Audrey just had the biggest smile on her face. It was precious. By the time I got my camera out, the smiles were over (of course!).

Anyways, Audrey had a blast during her PT eval. The therapist just had awesome toys out to capture Audrey's attention, so that she could see Audrey's range of motion in turning her head from side to side, she had some toys out to try and entice Audrey to grab in order to see if Audrey can bring both hands to midline, and some that were trying to entice Audrey to roll to her right side (she always, and only, rolls to her left). So she definitely does favor the left, and is a bit stronger on her left side, but the therapist said that she has full range of motion with turning her head, she can reach out and grab for objects no matter what side of her they are on, etc. We are continuing the exercises that we've been doing (well...we did them very diligently up until Christmas, and then kind of fell off the bandwagon...oops!), but the therapist only is going to schedule 2-3 follow-up appointments just once a month, and she said after that we should be good to go! Audrey has come so far from when we made this appointment in the beginning of December!

On a side note...in my last post, I was complaining about all of the appointments that we have to go to right now with the helmet, torticollis, general pediatric needs, etc., but being in Our Children's House today where kids go for PT and OT needs, I am so thankful to have such a healthy baby! Fixing a flat head and a stiff neck is nothing compared to the needs of some of the kids that I saw today.

Again, no pictures! Ultimate Mommy Fail!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great news and not at all surprising! You and Michel have done such a great job with those exercises, even if you didn't do them as much over the Christmas holiday. She got plenty of exercise then just watching everything that was happening around her. I also love what you said about seeing the other children with more significant problems, which really puts everything in perspective. It reminds me of the poem (which I can't quote exactly) but it says something like, "I complained about having no shoes and then I saw someone who had no feet."

    ReplyDelete