Saturday, January 11, 2014

Look Whooo Is 4 Months Old (Updates have been added!!)

My sweet baby is 4 months old! She has learned so much between last month and this month, and has developed so many new skills! It's so much fun to watch her learn and grow! She continues to be the happiest baby ever, just with a couple of exceptions this week. We've had very fussy moments - not days, moments. I took her to the pediatrician yesterday because we were concerned about her - she's not eating as well, she's curling up when eating sometimes like she's in pain, she's definitely not sleeping well (though she still sleeps well at night - if she's going to pick a time to not sleep well, I'd much rather her daytime naps give us problems than the nighttime). We don't know if she's devleoped reflux (can they develop it later in life??), is having some tummy/gas issues, is trying to cut some teeth, or what, but either way, I want to find out the problem so that we can figure out a solution. I hate seeing her upset and not knowing how to fix it.

Anyways, onto the fun stuff:

Length: Her 4-month well-visit is on Tuesday, and I'll update then (Update: 24 inches/50th %ile)

Weight: 13.6 lbs/50th %ile (she was measured when we went to the pediatrician) (Update: she dropped down to 13.3 lbs - still 50th %ile when we went for her well-check, so if you've been hearing Michel and I stress about Audrey's food intake, this is why. Luckily, it seems to be resolving itself now - about 2 weeks after it all started)

Head Circumference: see length :) (Update: 15 3/4 inches - 25th %ile)

Sleep: She continues to sleep through the night!!! I feed her at 8, put her down at 9, and she sleeps until 8am! Normally, she takes 3 naps that are each an hour and a half-ish, and still has a late evening nap that I'm trying to cut out. Every time I plan on cutting it out, she falls asleep! You would think that means that she doesn't need it, but then her other naps are only like an hour-ish long, so I'm trying to re-vamp our schedule

Eating: It's all over the charts! Sometimes she'll eat 6 oz., sometimes she'll only eat 3! She's chunked up nicely since her 2-month well-visit - gaining 3.4 lbs, and going from the 25th %ile to the 50th in weight, so I'm not too worried about how much she eats.

Clothes: All 0-3 months, but some of her onesies are getting very snug in the length. I see us moving up to 3-6 months in the next couple of weeks, I'm sure. She's also in a size 2 diaper all the time.

New Achievements this Month:
12/21/13: Mommy and Daddy watched her roll over from her back to her tummy for the first time (this isn't the first time she's done it because there were times I got her up from a nap, or nighttime sleep and she was on her tummy though I put her on her back. This was just the first time others witnessed it.
1/3/14: Audrey laughed her first, true, big girl laugh! Before today, it was her smiling while making a "huhhhhh" sound, but today it was a continuous big girl chuckle! So precious! Yes, Mommy cried :)
1/11/14: (since I'm late on posting this anyways) She activated a musical lion for the first time, intentionally. It hangs above her on her bouncy seat and she grabbed on to the string and pulled, rather than just hitting at it with her hands
- She explores her daddy's face with her hands all the time. We think she likes the texture because his face is much rougher/scratchier than Mommy's face (unless he shaved that day).
- Can hold her bottle with her own two hands (though I don't let her, but if I have to scratch an itch or get a drink, it's nice that she usually hangs on to it for me)
- Gives "kisses"! After me or Michel kiss her, she will put her open mouth onto our cheek. I don't really know if it's a "kiss", but she does only do it after we've kissed her, so I do think she's understanding that we do it to her, and then she wants to do it to us. I don't know...maybe I'm trying to make her too advanced :)
- Is really starting to understand how to manipulate her hands to hold desired objects and put those objects in her mouth intentionally (pretty much everything goes in her mouth right away!)
- She has gained some AWESOME neck control! This girl is being evaluated for physical therapy because of her torticollis in a couple of weeks, and after seeing all of her improvements with all of the exercises we did with her, I don't know if she'll qualify (which would be great!)

Things she likes:
1. Talking! This still remains true :)
2. Swinging - she loves talking to her "swing friends" as I call them. Sometimes they seem to make her angry as her tone of voice reflects that :)
3. Car rides - she will either talk to her toys hanging above her carseat the whole time, "sing" to the radio (I swear she can match her tone to the music she hears, and she DEFINITELY didn't inherit that trait from me or Daddy - if she turns out to be a good singer), or she will sleep most of the ride
4. People - anyone who talks to her, whether she knows them or not, is guaranteed to get a big, precious, gummy smile from her!
5. Being tickled by Daddy - still guaranteed to get a laugh
6. Sucking her thumb
7. Sleeping on her tummy - I still put her on her back, but 90% of the time, she rolls over almost immediately
8. Her bouncy seat

Things she doesn't like:
1. Men with facial hair (she had to get used to my dad the first couple times she saw him at Christmas, and she has seen him on a fairly regular basis since she was born!) - she cried when he would first hold her though :(
2. The Wheels on the Bus - also made her cry
3. Being in a carseat while Mommy's eating lunch also makes her cry. I had lunch with a friend today, and she cried when I put her in the sling. As soon as I took her out, she was happy as could be! She didn't even cry when I left the table (she was with my friend) to go to the bathroom. She just wanted to be out where she could see what was going on, and interact with everyone. 

I just love this lil' stinker!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have been blessed with a good sleeper like I was. It sure makes life easier!! I think a lot of it has to do with staying at home. I think it's easier for them to stay on a schedule when they are home on their schedule during the day and during the night.

    ReplyDelete