Wednesday, January 1, 2014

January 2014 Goals

In case you're wondering about my January goals, I thought I'd explain them a little bit better.

Personal goal: Do not eat any junk food
It's my own, realistic, version of a "cleanse", but one that I can stick to. If/when we go out to eat, I'll choose healthy options: chicken, steak, fajitas eating meat only (maybe ONE tortilla, at most), skipping the free chips, rolls, whatever. If I'm craving junk food, I'll make a healthy swap at home (i.e. hamburger craving = grilling one at home using lean ground beef, a whole-wheat bun/bread, light mayo, light cheese). 

Fitness goal: Run/walk 70 miles
This averages out to running/walking 3 miles a day, 5 days a week, plus fitting in 5 extra miles somewhere. I'll be getting up at 5 a.m. most days to do this before Michel goes to work. On days that he's working, I'll to wait until he comes home, or if he won't be home until late, I'll have to take Audrey with me and just walk 3 miles that day (our jogging stroller is for independent sitters, so for now I have to continue to use our regular stroller that her infant seat fits in).

Spiritual goal: Spend 10 minutes per day EVERYDAY in some type of personal quiet time
I am horrible at being in the "all or nothing" mindset. I either feel like I need to spend half an hour in quiet time, or if I don't have that time, I do nothing at all. Ten minutes a day is totally attainable, and something I need to do. It's very important to me that Audrey grow up knowing the importance of God in our family.

I really am looking forward to changing my life, one day at a time :)

1 comment:

  1. Good job at setting realistic goals! It's so easy for me to set high goals that are hard to attain and then I tend to get discouraged and just give up the whole idea completely.

    ReplyDelete