Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Goals for 2014


I decided to do something a bit different for my New Year's resolutions this year.  I decided this year I was going to make a resolution for each month! This way, I already have them planned out, so I know at the start of each new month, I have new goals to strive for. I'll post the full list now, and then each month I'll give an explanation of them (if they need one). Also, each month I will be completing a personal goal, a fitness goal, and a spiritual goal. I'm actually really looking forward to this! This is designed to be challenging, yet attainable, and hopefully make me a little better in my personal life, physical life, and most definitely in my spiritual life.

January:
Personal: Do not eat any junk food!
Fitness: Run/walk a total of 70 miles this month
Spiritual: Spend 10 minutes per day EVERYDAY in some type of quiet time (reading the Bible, praying, etc.)

February:
Personal: Continue refraining from any junk food until 2/26/14 (my 30th birthday)
Fitness: Do this entire workout once a week, every week
Spiritual: Read through an entire book of the Bible, and do a study on it

March:
Personal: Complete one Pinterest project (a craft - not a recipe)
Fitness: Complete the 500-calorie-torching treadmill workout that I pinned
Spiritual: Do a study of a woman of the Bible who I don't know much about

April:
Personal: Do an Audrey-centered, new activity once every week (I have a couple things pinned already, and plan on pinning more)
Fitness: Do cardio twice a day, three days a week, every week (hopefully this means I can run by myself in the morning and take Audrey on a nice, long walk in the afternoon and we can enjoy some beautiful weather
Spiritual: Do an in-depth study on the book of Revelations

May:
Personal goal: Plan a fun, family outing
Fitness: Follow the 30-day Paleo challenge, diet and exercise plan found here
Spiritual: Continue the study of Revelation

June:
Personal: Read a new book by a new author
Fitness: Do 100 push-ups once a week, every week ("real" push-ups or "girly" ones)
Spiritual: Invite someone to church/share God's word with someone/both

July:
Personal: Do an act of service for Michel that will make his life a bit easier one day a week, every week (i.e. take out the trash, clean the litter box, etc.)
Fitness: Do 100 walking lunges, holding Audrey (if she'll let me!) 3x a week, every week
Spiritual: Do a daily devotional

August:
Personal: Make sure Audrey's baby book is up to date
Fitness: Do 100 burpees/squat thrusts, once a day, three days a week, every week
Spiritual: Memorize 5 new Scripture verses that have significant meaning to me

September:
Personal: Throw Audrey the most fun, awesome, special first birthday party ever on a budget! I'm thinking Pinterest....
Fitness: Do the "Want a Brazilian Butt?" workout (pinned on Pinterest) 3x a week, every week
Spiritual: Do a study focusing on becoming a better/more God-centered mom (in honor of Audrey's birthday)

October:
Personal: Do something special for Michel in honor of our anniversary
Fitness: Add 10 minutes to every workout I do - even if that means waking up 10 minutes earlier!
Spiritual: Do a study focusing on becoming a better/more God-centered wife (in honor of our anniversary)

November:
Personal: Do a fun, Pinterest-inspired, Thanksgiving-something with Audrey
Fitness: Do 100 REAL push-ups - just once the whole month, but they all have to be done at the same time!
Spiritual: Do a book study on one of the Old Testament books that I'm not that familiar with

December:
Personal: Bake cookies/prepare some kind of treat to give to all of our neighbors in an effort to get to know them better
Fitness: Run the White Rock half marathon!!
Spiritual: See my "personal" goal for the month - whatever I pass out to the neighbors will have a Scripture/real meaning for the season with it!

What are your goals for 2014???

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea of setting monthly goals for the whole year. We teachers do this for our classroom, but I don't think I've ever done that on a personal level. I'm very impressed and inspired!

    ReplyDelete