Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Busy Baby Day!

Today was a busy day of doing baby things, but all fun baby things! First, I have to start by saying I had my first massive hot flash today! In the car on the way to the hospital, I just got SOOO hot. We had the air blowing, but it was not turned on as high as it could go, so I cranked up the air and pulled my hair off my neck, and was sweating. Michel, who is always hot when I'm shivering, told me that by the time we got to the hospital he was cold. That's so backwards for us!

Anyways, we had an admissions appointment at Medical City. I really just answered questions about my medical history that the L&D staff will need to be aware of. However, we arrived at the hospital early, so after a quick restroom stop (story of my life!) we visited the nursery to look at the cute little babies who had just been born! There were 2 sleeping in the window, and they were precious! I just can't wait until Audrey is the one in the nursery and it's our friends and family gathered in the window looking at her!

Once we finished with our admissions appointment we had enough time to go down the road and grab some lunch from Chick-Fil-A. Then we headed back to Medical City for a sonogram. Ever since my gender sono, I've gone back every 6 weeks because I had a low-lying placenta. They wanted to make sure that it was not going to be a problem for a vaginal delivery, so they've been looking at where it went, and today it had moved above her head (where it needed to be) and was completely away from the cervix, so as of now, I should be able to have a vaginal delivery. They want to do one more sonogram in the middle of August to check her positioning. I wasn't expecting this many sonograms during this pregnancy, but I really haven't minded seeing my baby so often!

The sonogram was the part of my day I was most looking forward to! I like being reassured that she's growing and developing as she should, her heartrate is still where it should be, etc. So we heard nothing but good news today! She's most definitely still a girl (we got a very clear picture), her heart, lungs, kidneys, and brain were all functioning as they should, we could see where she was swallowing and the doctor said that this is the first step of her practicing breathing on her own (I think the swallowing is what he was talking about - I don't remember for sure). Whatever it was, there was something she was doing that the doctor said was her practicing breathing on her own which is a great developmental step. He also gave us her measurements. She currently weighs in at 3.5 pounds and is about 14 inches long. The doctor predicts she'll weigh closer to 7 pounds at birth rather than 8! I have been secretly hoping for a smaller baby the entire time. Zoutendam babies are known for being big - Michel weighed over 7 pounds at birth and he was 4 weeks early! His brother weighed over 8 pounds at birth and he was 2 weeks early! The doctor said that Audrey has always measured on the small side, but still in the normal range, so she will most likely be a petite baby. Oh, and she is still measuring correctly for her Sept. 15th due date. Despite what her size will be at birth, my prayers have been answered all along when we get reports that she is growing and developing like she should be, and she is a healthy little baby. Only 9 1/2 weeks until we get to meet her!!

2 comments:

  1. I like your new layout and picture! I can't wait to get to cuddle Audrey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new layout, too, and I'm ready for some good cuddling time also. Looks like I'm going to be competing with a lot of people for that time with her.

    ReplyDelete