Monday, July 22, 2013

Baby Bump Week 32




How far along are you? 32 weeks = 8 MONTHS PREGNANT!!! Where has the time gone??

How are you measuring? Perfectly! Just went to the OB and she was so happy with everything she saw

How big is your baby? Our last Wednesday sonogram showed that she was about 14 inches long and weighed about 3.5 pounds

What major developments is your baby undergoing this week? According to babycenter.com I'm gaining about a pound a week and about half of that is going to baby to help her fatten up to survive life outside of the womb. Fingernails and toenails are completely formed, and hair/peachfuzz has developed on the head (at our sonogram the dr. said he could see where she had hair on her head already!). Her skin is softening up and smoothing out as well.

Heartbeat: 150 bpm

Total weight gain/loss: My scale: +24; doctor's scale +18??? How are we so different?? I'm counting from what I know I weighed at Christmas before I knew that I was pregnant. When I first went for my 6-7 week appointment I was already up like 2 pounds from before Christmas, but that still doesn't account for a 6 pound difference. Oh well...she thinks I'm still on track for a 30 pound weight gain altogether; I think I'm on track for more of a 35 pound weight gain...either way Baby and I are growing and healthy and that's all that matters!

Maternity clothes: 100% in maternity clothes except for a very few things that I only wear around the house. 

Stretch marks: I still have the same 3, but I don't even care anymore. If they appear, they appear.

Sleep: It changes from day to day. Sometimes I sleep great and other nights I don't.

Best moment this week: Having my sister, niece, and nephew stay with us from Thursday-Sunday! Thanks to my sister's help, our nursery is completely ready to go, and we did it all in one day! The other 3 days they were here we just had a lot of fun!

Movement: According to babycenter.com by now I should know her sleepy periods of day and her active periods of day - but she doesn't know that she should be following a schedule like that. Her pattern of movement is kick, roll, and move like crazy for about 3-4 days in a row (with random periods of short rest), and then she barely moves for 2 days while she's recovering from her 3-4 days of partying :)

Food cravings: Dr. Pepper out of the fountain (not a can). I love it! And I do drink a TON of water, but it has to be ice water, or cold. Room temperature water will not cut it. Most days I probably drink 80-100 oz. of water a day because I feel thirsty! 

Gender: A sweet girl! Audrey Grace Zoutendam :) 

What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach, sleeping comfortably, not having heartburn

What I'm looking forward to: My friends at church are throwing me a baby shower this weekend! I can't wait to show off our nursery and celebrate the upcoming arrival of our sweet girl!

How are you feeling: All things considered - really good! I have your typical pregnancy complaints: heartburn, hip pain while sleeping (only sometimes), leg cramps, and my feet have started swelling this weekend. They start out pretty normal-sized when I wake up, but by the end of the day they're pretty swollen. It's not pretty... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment