Sunday, August 4, 2013

Baby Bump 34 Weeks!



How far along are you? 34 weeks


How are you measuring? Exactly where I should be

How big is your baby? Our last sonogram showed that she was about 14 inches long and weighed about 3.5 pounds (but that was at 31 weeks). According to babybump.com she's about the size of a cantaloupe - about 18 inches long and 4 3/4 pounds. She's always measured on the small side, and 3 weeks ago she was only 14 inches long, so who knows what she really measures now. 

What major developments is your baby undergoing this week? She continues to accumulate fat which will help her regulate her body temperature once she's born. Her lungs and nervous system are continuing to mature as well. 

Heartbeat: 150 bpm

Total weight gain/loss: +27.1 according to my scale at home. 

Maternity clothes: 100% in maternity clothes except for a very few things that I only wear around the house. 

Stretch marks: Yup, but it really just means that I was lucky enough to carry a healthy baby, so I don't mind :)

Sleep: Lately I've been sleeping fairly well. I get up about 4 times a night to go to the bathroom (crazy, huh?), but I've been able to fall asleep again pretty quickly. 7:15-7:30 seems to be my normal wake-up time, though due to hip pain. It seems no matter how I adjust my pillows I still have hip pain after laying down for 8-9 hours.

Best moment this week: Celebrating our niece's 5th birthday; going back to Longview to spend a couple of days with my in-laws, and surprising Michel's grandfather while we were down there.

Movement: She's become a constant mover! When I'm not moving, she is. It's really hilarious to just watch my belly move like crazy when she's at her most active. I don't know if her movement has just picked up, or if it has anything to do with the fact that she has always measured small and maybe she was still small enough that I didn't feel every movement. Now I feel every movement! I love it!

Food cravings: This week I really craved a vanilla iced coffee from McDonalds. I bought one 3 days this week! I also craved some fried catfish....I've never liked fried catfish. But I ate some on Friday night!

Gender: A sweet girl! Audrey Grace Zoutendam :) 

What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach, sleeping comfortably, not having heartburn or indigestion. This is the first week I experienced indigestion, and it's not anything like heartburn, but equally awful to deal with. I've discovered if I eat less at one time, and most importantly don't eat late at night, it's better. 

What I'm looking forward to: Michel has to work a double shift on Tuesday and Wednesday, so I'm taking my last trip to Longview before Audrey arrives!

How are you feeling: Big and hot!! This is the first week the temperatures have really risen over 100 (which I'm thankful that the weather waited until August to heat up), but I have been SOOOO hot!!

2 comments:

  1. That's funny about the catfish. I can't believe that's what you were craving (the person who ordered a cheeseburger anytime we ate at Red Lobster).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So crazy to think Audrey will be here so soon. You look beautiful! Enjoy your time with your family:) Looking forward to catching up soon and of course all of the fun weekly updates!

    ReplyDelete