Sunday, August 25, 2013

Baby Bump Week 37!!!



How far along are you? 37 weeks

How are you measuring? At my last doctor's appointment I measured at 34 weeks (I was 36w2d at the time). I consistently measure 2 weeks small! Oh, I forgot to mention that at my 36 week appointment I was 1 cm dilated, 30% effaced, and her head is super low. Doctor doesn't think I'll make it until September 15th, and I hope I don't!! 

How big is your baby? Small! She weighs a tiny bit over 5 pounds now.

What major developments is your baby undergoing this week? She's now considered full-term! According to babycenter.com if I were to go into labor her lungs should be developed enough to be just fine outside of the womb with little, to no, additional medical intervention.

Heartbeat: 145 bpm - OB always comments that her heartbeat sounds really good which always makes her mommy and daddy feel good!

Total weight gain/loss: +27.8 according to my scale at home. I lost weight this week (2 lbs according to the doctor; 1 lb. according to my scale at home). 

Maternity clothes: 100% in maternity clothes except for a very few things that I only wear around the house. 

Stretch marks: None on my stomach!! A few on each hip, but I kind of wonder if I had those pre-pregnancy and just didn't notice as much.

Sleep: I wake up consistently every 2-3 hours to go to the bathroom. Usually I can go back to sleep, but again I'm consistently getting up for good between 5:30 and 6:30. 

Best moment this week: We've had a pretty low-key week. Part of it is just that I would rather stay inside the cool house than get out in the heat. Would it be sad if I said my best moment this week was my doctor telling me to gain more weight by drinking more milkshakes? :) One more thing that I forgot to add is that I had my first "real" contractions on Friday, so that was kind of exciting! I had them for about 5ish hours, but they were SUPER inconsistent (for an hour I timed them and it was 7 min, 15 min, 4 min, 23 min, etc). I went to bed, and at some point, they stopped altogether because I haven't felt them since. So now I'm really excited to see if I'm more dilated when I go to the OB on Tuesday!

Movement: She's definitely still a mover and she kicks the most early in the morning (usually starts between 5:30 and 6:30). Then I feel her slow down mid-morning, it picks back up in the afternoon, mid-afternoon not much, and evening is usually so-so. She's never as active as she is in the early morning though. That's when she's dancing and kicking like crazy. The rest of the day I'm feeling more stretches and wiggles. Oh, and generally after I eat dinner she gets the hiccups for about 15 minutes :) - This still holds true

Food cravings: I don't think I really had any this week.

Gender: A sweet girl! Audrey Grace Zoutendam :) 

What I miss: Not having issues with food. My OB prescribed me medicine for my acid reflux which helped A LOT! However, this week I started having issues eating! It's always something....if I eat a normal portion that I used to it makes me sick (literally...I had another issue keeping my food down this week), so now I have to eat smaller portions every few hours to avoid getting sick.

What I'm looking forward to: Holding my sweet baby in my arms! I've enjoyed pregnancy, but now I'm ready to be a mommy :)

How are you feeling: Pretty good once I figured out my new eating pattern! I also learned that my leg cramps are due to baby being positioned in such a way that from time-to-time she cuts off blood flow to one of my veins in my leg!! She and I are both running out of room :)

No comments:

Post a Comment