Monday, August 19, 2013

Showering Audrey With Love

This past Saturday my aunt, cousin (technically my cousin's wife), mom, sister, and mother-in-law were sweet enough to throw a beautiful baby shower for me. Everything about it turned out precious, and I am so thankful for everything they did to make it such a special day!


Our beautiful tablescape with all our snacks
Owl cupcakes made and decorated by my sister
Erica and my Aunt Becca came up with activities for the guests to do upon arrival, as well as fun shower games! Upon arrival the guests were asked to guess which date I'll actually have Audrey (I should have taken a close-up). My 5-year-old niece, Karys, played, too, and I hope she wins this game because she guessed the earliest date :) The guests were also asked to write a message, or something funny, on diapers, so that I have something to read when I'm up in the middle of the night changing diapers! Can't wait to see what they say!


During the shower we played a game where we had to come up with baby-related things from A to Z. I didn't do too well on this game. Maybe after I have a baby I'll fill this out as quickly as the friends who won! The first two to finish both have babies at home.



After games were presents! A couple of weeks ago I had told Karys she was going to be my present helper at the shower, so once they arrived at my house she kept telling me "Aunt Julie, I'm gonna be your present helper" and I would tell her that yes, that was correct, and then she would ask, "Is it time to open presents yet?" Waiting is so hard at that age! She did a great job bringing me presents, and even helping me open them when I needed her to (due to not being able to bend over my big belly!). I won't post pictures of me opening the presents because we were so blessed to receive so much! They're all on Facebook, though, if you want to go check them out there!

After the shower I took pictures with my wonderful hostesses. I'm so appreciative of everything they did for me (and Audrey) to show how much they love us. Audrey really is lucky to have such a big group of family who love her so much already!

My cousin ('s wife), Erica and Aunt Becca


My mother-in-law, Carol


My present helper :)


My sister, present helper again, me, and my mom


Thank you to everyone who came and made the shower so special to me!!

2 comments:

  1. Haha...I like your comment about wanting Karys to win the Due Date game. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how everyone really worked together and got everything set up in no time at all. I'm always glad to have a chance to work along side this special group of ladies. I also loved how Karys seemed like such a part of it all. She is so grown up!

    ReplyDelete