Sunday, August 11, 2013

Baby Bump Week 35 - UPDATED!!



How far along are you? 34 weeks

How are you measuring? Small...but not worrisome-small :)

How big is your baby? LOL...she's very small! She's only in the 15th%ile and doctor guesstimated her weight today at 4 lbs 15 oz. and said that by birth he's predicting she'll weigh about 6.5-7.5 lbs! To put it in perspective better, babies who fall in the 50th%ile weigh about 5 1/4 lbs by now. She's still growing and she is putting on weight between each appointment (which is what the doctor said they look for) she just doesn't grow much or gain a lot of weight. I'm not worried, though...small babies run on my side of the family

What major developments is your baby undergoing this week? Her kidneys are fully developed and her liver can process some waste. Basically she's fully developed, but she'll spend her remaining time inside of me accumulating fat! 

Heartbeat: 145 bpm

Total weight gain/loss: +28.8 according to my scale at home. 

Maternity clothes: 100% in maternity clothes except for a very few things that I only wear around the house. 

Stretch marks: Yup, but it really just means that I was lucky enough to carry a healthy baby, so I don't mind :) When my OB pulled my shirt up to put the Doppler on my belly, she actually said my skin looked great to her and I had very minimal stretch marks! That made my day!

Sleep: Ehhh....this week it seems like no matter what I'm getting up between 6:00 and 6:30. Isn't this when I'm supposed to catch up on my sleep? This morning I woke up at 5:30 to her kicking like crazy and really couldn't go back to sleep. I love feeling her move, but sometimes I wish she'd hold off a few hours. Does this mean she'll wake up at 5:30 ready to play after she's born??

Best moment this week: Michel had to work a 48-hour shift mid-week, so I went to Longview for the last time for this pregnancy and hung out with my sister and her family. The best time was when we went to their city pool (it's really nice) and I got to witness my 2 1/2-year-old nephew lose his fear of water and basically taught himself how to swim from watching others do it. He's a smart little thing!

Movement: She's definitely still a mover and she kicks the most early in the morning (usually starts between 5:30 and 6:30). Then I feel her slow down mid-morning, it picks back up in the afternoon, mid-afternoon not much, and evening is usually so-so. She's never as active as she is in the early morning though. That's when she's dancing and kicking like crazy. The rest of the day I'm feeling more stretches and wiggles. Oh, and generally after I eat dinner she gets the hiccups for about 15 minutes :)

Food cravings: Last weekend when we were with my in-laws we had hamburgers and they bought the BEST pickle chips ever! I've always liked pickles, but I don't eat them on stuff - just by themselves, and I've never eaten them enough to care about keeping them around the house. While I was at the store on Friday, pickles were right next to the deli meats that I was buying, and I ended up tossing a jar of pickles into my buggy!

Gender: A sweet girl! Audrey Grace Zoutendam :) 

What I miss: This week, I've really been missing wearing normal clothes! I never thought I would dislike stretchy clothes, but I'm ready to wear cute clothes again! I've also been missing my pre-pregnancy figure, but mainly because I miss wearing normal clothes. OK. My pity party is over :)

What I'm looking forward to: Tomorrow's busy with fun baby stuff and I'm going to register for MOPS!! I'm so excited to be able to do MOPS at the Heights this year! Also, on Saturday, my family is throwing me a baby shower and I'm really excited about that! This week will be busy, busy! 


How are you feeling: Swollen. My feet swell so easily because of the heat. They start out at a normal size, but pretty much by the time I've showered, done my hair, and put on make-up they're swollen again. And when I woke up this morning my hands were swollen, too. I've been able to wear my rings as long as I wasn't doing physical exercise, but when I went to take them off before I took a shower I could barely pull them off my finger. Luckily, my wedding ring is a half size bigger than my engagement ring, so I can still wear my wedding ring, but my beautiful engagement ring will have to stay in my jewelry box until the swelling goes down. Also, I really don't feel like I'm going to make it to the 15th. I don't know why. For some reason, I just have a feeling she's going to come early. Seriously, I have nothing to base this on, though. I could just be psyching myself up for disappointment if Sept. 15th comes and goes and we still have no baby :)


No comments:

Post a Comment