Monday, August 12, 2013

CVS Savings!

The more I shop at CVS, the more I love it! Their ExtraBucks program is easy to use and easy for me to understand. I was with my mom yesterday and she had gotten a coupon for $2/$10 purchase at Walgreens and I was trying to find her a good deal to get the most bang for her buck, and I realized that I don't understand the Walgreens points system. If anyone wants to explain it to me, go for it, but I really do like CVS. Their Magic Coupon Machine is awesome!! I'm a coupon nerd....

I did 2 transactions today to cut down on my out of pocket (OOP) cost.

Transaction #1:


1 Bausch + Lomb eyedrops
Transaction #2:


3 packages Huggies diapers, 1 package Huggies wipes (184 ct.)
Here is how I did my shopping:

Transaction #1:
Buy Bausch + Lomb eye drops on sale for $7.99 and get back $5 in Extra Care Bucks (ECB)
Bausch + Lomb eye drops $7.99
-Use $2.50 off any artificial tear/eye drop CVS coupon
Pay $5.49 out of pocket (OOP)
Earn $5 ECB (why I didn't use last week's $5 ECB to make my OOP cost $0.49 I don't know - pregnancy brain maybe??)

Transaction #2:
Spend $30 on Select Huggies products (and other products) and get back $10 in ECB
Buy 3 pkgs Huggies diapers on sale for $8.99 each
Buy 1 pkg Huggies wipes on sale for $5.99
= $32.96
- Use 2 $2/1 Huggies diapers
- Use $1.50/1 Huggies diapers
- Use $0.50/1 Huggies wipes
- Use $5/$25 CVS coupon from e-mail
- Use $15 ECB from previous transactions
Pay $9.01 OOP!!
Earn $10 ECB for next week's shopping trip!

Altogether, I paid $14.50 for eye drops, 3 packages of diapers, and 1 package of wipes. Without coupons, and just shopping on the sales ad I should have paid $40.95. That's a savings of 65%!! Not too shabby if I do say so myself :)

1 comment: