Sunday, August 7, 2011

CVS Savings!

I went to CVS today to take advantage of some great deals and I am pretty happy with what I got for the money that I spent! I bought 2 Herbal Essences conditioners and 2 Cover Girl mascaras, and a birthday card (not pictured):


I did my deal in 2 transactions. 

Transaction #1:
Herbal Essences 2/$4.97 = $1 ECB
- Used FREE Herbal Essence product coupon
- Used $1/1 Herbal Essences coupon
Birthday card = $3.49
Total after coupons = $4.99
- Used $5 ECB that I already had
TOTAL OUT OF POCKET = $0.00!!!!
Earned $1 ECB

Transaction #2:
Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara 2/$14  =$4 ECB
- Used 2 $1/1 CG product coupons
= $12
- Used $2 ECB that I already had
- Used $1 ECB from transaction #1
TOTAL OUT OF POCKET = $9.74!

So for $9.74 I walked away with 2 Herbal Essences conditioners, 2 Cover Girl mascaras, and a birthday card. Without coupons or Extra Care Bucks (ECBs) I should have paid: $22.14! That's a savings of 56%!

2 comments:

  1. If you would have reversed your transaction you would have saved a little bit more.
    1st transaction-$14- $2 in coupons- 5EB you had- 2EB you had=$5 out of pocket (get 4EB back)
    2nd transaction-$4.99-4EB= 99cents (Get 1EB)

    So your total out of pocket this way would be $6.

    I always try to do my bigger transaction first and use all my extra bucks. Then use the EB that I get from that transaction to complete my smaller transactions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I'm definitely not pregnant again and hope that we don't get pregnant again for a while!! Your announcement is on the mail by the way. You guys weren't there the past two weeks when I passes them out.

    ReplyDelete