Monday, April 11, 2011

Meal Planning Monday

Last week, I didn't meal plan at all, and just had to come up with something everyday. I ended up eating cereal everyday (I love cereal, but by Friday I was sick of it), and the only reason I stuck with it was because it's fast and didn't require any thinking/cooking on my part. This week, I want to change it up again, so I made sure to take the time to plan out meals for the week. I think we'll be having some pretty tasty meals :)

Monday:
Breakfast - Avena oatmeal shake (I'm trying this for the first time, and I've heard a lot of people say that it was good, so we'll see!), turkey bacon, coffee
AM snack - banana
Lunch -  Lean beef burger, apple, carrot
PM snack - honey roasted almonds
Dinner - Baked chicken parmesan, salad, Jello-pudding topped with whipped cream!

Tuesday:
Breakfast - 1 NutriGrain waffle w/p.b. and light syrup, cappuccino smoothie, coffee

AM snack - banana
Lunch -  Lean beef burger patty only, steamed broccoli
PM snack - honey roasted almonds
Dinner - Baked chicken parmesan over spaghetti, salad, chocolate banana smoothie

Wednesday:
Breakfast - 1/2 c. granola, banana, coffee
AM snack - Grapes
Lunch - Chicken noodle soup, Ritz crackers, steamed broccoli
PM snack - pudding cup
Dinner - turkey meat loaf, mashed potatoes, green beans,

Thursday:
Breakfast - 1-1/2 c. Cheerios, banana, coffee
AM snack - apple
Lunch - Chicken noodle soup, 1/2 egg salad sandwich, carrot sticks
PM snack - almonds
Dinner - turkey meat loaf, corn, green beans

Friday:
Breakfast - Fried egg sandwich w/cheese, banana, coffee
AM snack - Yogurt
Lunch - 1/2 egg salad sandwich, pretzels, carrot sticks, apple
PM snack - 100 calorie popcorn
Dinner - Cheddar's Grilled Chicken Pecan salad

Saturday:
Breakfast - Scrambled egg w/ham and cheese, banana, coffee
Lunch - Turkey bacon BLT, strawberries, carrot sticks
Dinner - Baked mac-n-cheese, dinner roll, salad
Special Saturday dessert - Chocolate-chip oatmeal cookies

Sunday:
Breakfast - Toast w/jelly, turkey bacon, coffee, banana
Lunch - out to eat with my parents
Dinner - whatever we're in the mood to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment