Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Boot Camp!

I had plans tonight of doing a more lengthy blog, but by the time I sat down to write this, it's almost 10:00 and I'm about to go to bed, so I'll give a quicker version...

Boot camp last night was a blast - one of the BEST workouts I've ever had! I even took ibuprofen when I gor home to help ease/prevent soreness! I've done boot camps before when I was a member at 24 Hour Fitness, and really didn't like it. They were more of athletic drills where you need more grace and athleticims, and if you know me well I think you know that grace and athleticism is not me :) But I had researched this ahead of time, and that didn't sound like what this boot camp was going to be, so I signed up in good faith. There are women in this class of all ages (in fact, I'm pretty sure I'm the youngest!) and of all fitness levels. Our instructor was incredibly fun, energetic, and motivational! She pushed us to do more than what I would have ever done (which was my main reason for wanting to do this class). One of our exercises was running with the weights that we had brought in our hands around the permiter of the parking lot. I brought 10-lb weights with me, so it was definitely a challenge, and exhausting, but I felt proud that I could do it! We worked every single millimeter of our body and every muscle group, and it was great! We meet every Tuesday/Thursday from 7-8, and every Saturday from 8-9, so I'll look forward to 12 more weeks of really great, intense workouts!!

Oh, and one of the coolest parts of it was that it's Christian-based (which I was unaware of when I signed up), so we do a quick 10-minute devotional at the end of each workout. That's definitely not something you expect from a great workout, but I loved it :)

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you...and so proud of your commitment! :)

    ReplyDelete