Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Guess Whooo's 3 Months Old??






This sweet girl is 3 months old today!!! I cannot believe it! It's really true what they say...time flies when you're having fun! :) She is a lot of fun for sure. I'm so blessed to stay at home with her and see her grow and develop into a sweet little girl. I don't know how we got so lucky, but we were blessed with such a happy, easy-going, sweet-spirited little girl. She rarely cries (but can definitely fuss up a storm if she's not happy about something!), and is full of smiles. Michel and I are always talking about what a terrific baby she is. Sometimes, if she is fussy, you can just get down in her face with a big smile and start talking to her and she immediately stops fussing and smiles back at you. She's a stinker sometimes :)

I feel like we've had a couple days with teething symptoms. There were a few days the week after Thanksgiving that she was chewing on her hands so hard, and not like the soothing thumb-sucking. She was drooling, but that could have been the excessive hand-chewing, and her naps were not as good as what they normally are. I don't know if she's going to cut teeth at a young age, or if this was a one-time thing.

Since her 2-month post, she has gone in the church nursery several times - Sunday morning so that I could attend church, Monday morning while I attended MOPS, and a Wednesday evening while I was at small group (I promise Michel is still in the picture, and does attend church with me, but he has been SOOOO busy working lately that he hasn't been able to attend much). Every time I go to pick her up, I'll sneak a quick look before actually approaching the window, and it just makes me smile to see an older lady cradling Audrey in her arms and they're just smiling and talking to her. I love that Audrey is able to be loved on by so many people, so that being in the nursery will never be a traumatic event for her, but a fun one where she will, eventually, learn about God. Each time I've picked her up from the nursery, I am always told what a sweet baby I have. That makes me so happy! Audrey had a good time, and the nursery worker had a good time with Audrey in the nursery. I know that, at this young age, her sweet personality isn't really a reflection on my awesome parenting skills because she's too young to have the ability to misbehave, but when she's older and can misbehave, I hope to still get these good reports. :) Anyways, on to some more Audrey facts:

Length: I haven't measured her at all since her last appointment

Weight: see length :)

Sleep: She sleeps through the night!! I checked her 2-month update, and I was feeding her at 11 p.m. One night, I was really tired, so I was planning on going to bed at 9, and I set my alarm for 11, and I didn't wake up until 1:30! Oops :) Oh well...she was still asleep, and didn't wake up until 5/5:30. She remained going from 8 p.m.-5/5:30 a.m. until last week when she didn't wake up at all! Mommy was so happy! For over a week, she has gone from 8-8 (well...technically she's sleeping from 9-8 by the time she finishes eating, we have a little bit of quiet play time, read, pray, and then put her to bed), but still I love it!! Sadly, there are mornings when I still wish I could sleep in just a bit longer. How lazy am I??? :)

Eating: She eats a 6 oz. bottle first thing in the morning. The rest of the day, she eats about 3.5-4 oz. every 3 hours. Occasionally, she will take another 6-oz bottle at some point during the day. I only offer 6 for that first feeding; the rest of the time I offer 4, and if she's still hungry then I'll fix another 2. Can't waste that precious, and oh so costly, formula!

Clothes: She's all over the place in this category. She still has NB pj's that fit her very well, some 0-3 month are way too big for her, and some fit just right. I bought her a sweater dress for Christmas that's a NB (they didn't have a 3-month), and I'm glad I bought NB because it fits perfectly! Yet the 0-6 month tights that I bought to go along with the dress are barely going to fit her past this Christmas. I guess it's like adult clothes, though. You're one size in one brand, and another size in another brand... For the most part, she's in a 0-3 month and I would bet we stay here for at least another month or more.

New achievements of the month:
- She is most definitely a thumb-sucker! She's not sucking her hands like she used to, it is always her left thumb (aren't you happy, Mom??) with the rest of her fingers on that hand standing up rather than curled into a fist.
- She has laughed a few times for us! I heard a couple early this morning, and it pretty much made my eyes tear up
- Rolling over: stomach to back AND back to stomach! I've never actually witnessed her going from her back to her stomach. All I know is on 2 separate occasions, I've looked at her on the monitor in the middle of the night and she's on her stomach...and I always lay her down on her back. We're working on getting her to sleep without being swaddled, but it just hasn't been successful. I know if she can roll over you should stop swaddling, but she only rolls over after about 5 a.m. We're trying to take it away gradually, but it makes for a tired, and somewhat, cranky baby. If anyone has tips on how to transition them away from needing to be swaddled and still sleep really well, I would love to hear it! She rolls on to her back from her tummy quite a bit during tummy time. It's kind of more like her head falls down and the rest of her body follows. It's not the most graceful roll, but it gets the job done!
- She has become really, really good at tracking things from a further distance and watching them for awhile (people when they walk out of view, Ninja when he walks past)
- She has started turning her head to look around when she hears familiar voices (she may have been doing this for awhile, but I've just recently noticed that she does it often, and if the person is out of view. She's always turned to look at someone when they were in view, but if she hears me or Michel start speaking she'll crane her neck to look for us - good thing we won't have to question her ability to hear!)

Things she likes:
1. Talking! She LOOOVES to talk to people, stuffed animals, and as of recently, she really loves talking to the bears that hang off the mobile above her swing. It's cute :)
2. The swing - she generally smiles at me as soon as I put her in it. 
3. Sucking her thumb - it's really precious to see
4. Sleeping while swaddled - we are really trying to break this habit
5. People - especially if you'll talk with her, and smile a lot

Things she doesn't like:
1. Being woken up from a nap when she's really, really sound asleep. She'll look right at you and let out one or two cries. It's really sad. I usually end up holding her on the couch for about 5 minutes to let her wake up more on her own. Then she's ready to eat and life is all good again.

Other randomness:
1. It's been a pretty long time since Michel or I were peed or pooped on during a diaper change! I maybe jinxing myself by saying this. Either she's gained a little bit more control over it, or we've just learned how to change her at lightning-fast speed!
2. I just love this little girl so much, and I feel like she's growing up so fast

2 comments:

  1. So enjoy reading these updates! Just an FYI: Zane started out sucking his thumb like you're talking about, with the other fingers up over his face almost. They eventually figure out what to do with those fingers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that she is sucking her left thumb. I might actually have another left hander in the family! I also love reading all the updates, too. They grow and change so fast!!

    ReplyDelete