Sunday, December 8, 2013

Audrey's First Thanksgiving!

Ever since Audrey arrived, I have been so excited to share in all the fun holiday festivities with her! She's such a fun baby, and there was going to be several family members in town for Thanksgiving that she had never met.

Michel and I "hosted" Thanksgiving at our house for his family this year. I put the word "hosted" in quotation marks because we didn't go all out with a big turkey or anything. Mainly, we just invited his family to us rather than us going to see them, so that we didn't have to travel to Longview with a 2-month-old (we had decided this around Halloween when she was only 5-6 weeks old and not on as predictable a schedule as she is now). Anyways, we're also not traditional turkey-and-dressing people, so Michel smoked a brisket and grilled a turkey for us to eat. He also made an apple pie. I can honestly say that I did absolutely zero cooking for Thanksgiving. Michel did it all (he loves to cook)! Anyways, his whole family (mom, dad, brother, sister-in-law) came over to our house on Thursday morning. Michel's brother and sister-in-law were two people that would be meeting Audrey for the first time.



Sadly, we won't be able to see them at Christmas, so we exchanged Christmas presents with them on Thanksgiving as well. This is what they bought Audrey: I just adore the reindeer outfit!!!


After dinner and present-opening, Audrey was loved on and spoiled by some of her family members.



Sadly, I forgot to take pictures during the Thanksgiving celebration at my parents' house. However, the Sunday after Thanksgiving we went to my aunt's house to celebrate with them and see my two cousins (on that side of the family) and their spouses. I didn't take a ton of pictures there either (man...I was bad with my camera for Audrey's first Thanksgiving!), but when me and my sister and our two cousins were little my grandma always had us sit on her couch and she would take a picture of us, so it's cool to see those pictures of us through the years. Sadly, my grandma passed away about five years ago, but that doesn't mean the tradition had to stop! We have maintained our couch pictures, and just add more people as they come along!

Top L to R: Erica, my cousin Anna, sister Janette, and me
Bottom L to R: my cousin Dan, David, Ryan (with Zane and Karys), Michel (with Audrey)
Then we get a little crazier!


We had a blast at Thanksgiving! Can't wait to do it again at Christmas!!



1 comment:

  1. I love how in our crazy picture Dan and David look pretty much the same! lol

    ReplyDelete