Sunday, May 26, 2013

Baby Bump Week 24





How far along are you? 24 weeks/6 months....WOW!!!

How are you measuring? When I went at my 18 week appointment baby was measuring as a 17-week old. I go back for another sono this Tuesday (which means another day off work...woo hoo!)

How big is your baby? According to Babycenter.com Audrey is over a pound and about 12 inches long...again, I'll know more on Tuesday

What major developments is your baby undergoing this week? Her body is pretty proportionate at this point, but she's about to start getting chubby!! Taste buds continue to develop, and lungs continue to develop and mature so she'll be ready to breathe oxygen when she's born!

Heartbeat: 158 beats/minute

Total weight gain/loss: +14ish lbs...I forgot to weigh today, but I weighed on Friday, and I think it had only gone up a few ounces (yay!). When I went to the OB last week the doctor said that she was very happy with my weight gain...I'm not gaining too much or too little which is always good to hear!

Maternity clothes: Yup...I'm wearing more and more maternity shirts with each passing week. It's also partially due to the fact that my regular shirts aren't always long enough to cover that lovely paneling found in maternity pants

Stretch marks: None yet! Fingers crossed!

Sleep: This week it hasn't been too great. I keep waking up at 6:30 or 7 (on my weekend) and I'm awake. The other night I woke up at 2:00 to go to the restroom, and couldn't fall back asleep for almost 2 hours!!

Movement: She has her days of moving like crazy, and sometimes she's really still. The night that I was awake from 2:00-4:00 she was having a dance party in my belly which didn't make it any easier for me to fall asleep. Ever since then she's had much less movement. Apparently her dance party even wore her out!!

Food cravings: Sweets :( Not good, but I love everything sweet (and chocolate!) And I do still love my Starbucks Frappuccino. 

Gender: A sweet girl!

What I miss: Sleeping soundly, not having heartburn...heartburn really sucks!

What I'm looking forward to: 8 working days left...and this week is just a 3 day week for me, and then I have 4 1/2 days with the kids, but one day is also our end-of-year party. Then I'll be on SUMMER VACATION!!! And most people already know this, but I did resign from my job, so I'm excited that come September I'll start a new job as a stay-at-home mommy! It doesn't pay well, but I know that I'll get SOOOO much out of it!

How are you feeling: Pretty good...I have had some issues with some pretty painful heartburn this week. That would be my only complaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment