Saturday, May 4, 2013

First Monday Fun

A couple of weeks ago I asked my mom and sister if they wanted to go to First Monday in Canton with me this weekend because I wanted to buy some baby things for Audrey's nursery, and I know that First Monday would have an AWESOME selection of handmade one-of-a-kind things. I feel like I totally hit the jackpot today!

First, we could not have asked for more perfect weather! It was such a pleasant day to spend all day out walking around. It was crowded, but not overly crowded. It was just us girls - my mom, my sister, my niece, and myself. Michel and my dad drove us to Canton where we met up with Janette and Karys, and then they continued on to Longview so that they could spend the day with Ryan and Zane (and Michel visited his grandfather who lives there as well). So we broke up as guys and girls today and had a lot of fun!

I told Karys that I wanted to buy things for Audrey, and I needed her help finding cute girly things. She likes shopping, so she was ready! She actually is the one who spotted the booth where I found some adorable bows and headbands! I only bought one, but I think it's super cute!


I also bought this sweet frame that will hopefully look really cute amongst all the pink and gray I'm planning for her nursery. 


One of my favorite purchases today was this cute owl diaper bag! I will say that I was hesitant to buy it at first. I was afraid that it was too girly and Michel wouldn't carry it (we had been searching for diaper bags that we would both carry for awhile), but they embroidered it for free, and it was just too cute! So I bought it. I'm glad I did because it keeps growing on me, and even Michel said it was cute, and it was a good price for everything I got with it (a dirty clothes bag and a changing table pad). 


My sweet sister has been picking up clothes and burp rags for Audrey at garage sales and consignment stores and filled a gift bag with them to give me today! I really feel so blessed that my mom and sister are so excited about Audrey, and are blessing us beyond belief with baby items!!


Not pictured: I bought a cute "A" that I will paint over the summer to hang in Audrey's room, a sign that says "You & Me" to put in Michel's and my bedroom, and an adorable name sign for Audrey's room. The name sign has to be made and shipped to us. It's going to be REALLY adorable, though! Oh, I also bought a new hair straightener. I've had mine for about 10 years, it doesn't always turn on, or stay turned on, and it's got a frayed cord :( So, I really did need one, plus I may have gotten suckered by their sales pitch. Oh well...

I'm sad that today's fun has come to an end, but I'm nice and worn out now, happy with my purchases, and excited for the summer so that we can put Audrey's room together. Right now, it's really just mass chaos of baby things. 


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you made some great purchases! Love the picture frame and diaper bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Sounds like you hit the jackpot!

    ReplyDelete