Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Maternity clothes

I have been SOOOO blessed with not having to buy many items of maternity clothes! Earlier this year when I was still comfortably wearing my regular clothes, Old Navy was having an awesome sale on maternity clothes, so I bought a few items. I think I ended up with one cotton black skirt, 2 short-sleeved tops, a sleeveless top, and a pair of jeans. However, my mom's co-worker had her final child about a year ago and the best thing is....the woman is MY SIZE!! She's my height, about my same size in pants, and carries the majority of her weight in her lower half, so all of her maternity pants were practically tailor-made to fit me. They have been awesome! However, school is almost out, and my need for work pants is coming to an end. Also, as my belly is expanding my regular shirts are getting less comfortable, plus they're not always long enough to cover the oh-so-sexy panel that makes maternity pants what they are. A sweet friend from church also loaned me some maternity shorts, so I'm pretty good on bottoms (though I may still need/want another pair of shorts). What I'm really in need of are tops. It will be summer time, and we're going on a vacation in the Hill Country of Texas, so I would love a few more tank tops, but I also don't want to spend a huge amount of money on them. So my question is where did you get the best bang for your buck when buying maternity tops? Do places like Ross and TJ Maxx sell maternity?

3 comments:

  1. Ross does sell them. That's where I got some good deals. Walmart sells them online. But you should also try a consignment store like Plato's Closet. Or put something on one of those online garage sale sites and just say what it is that you're looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea, Janette. I'll put something on the Forney Treasury FB site also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a great deal on my new Maternity Shorts at Burlington Coat Factory. They were half the price I had seen them for in the department stores and they are so comfortable-- especially in the warm weather. I will be living in them this summer.

    ReplyDelete