Sunday, May 19, 2013

Baby Bump Week 23



How far along are you? 23 weeks

How are you measuring? When I went at my 18 week appointment baby was measuring as a 17-week old. I go back on Wednesday, but am not scheduled for another sono until next week

How big is your baby? According to Babycenter.com Baby Z is 11 inches long and weighs over a pound now! She should be around the size of a large mango

What major developments is your baby undergoing this week? Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare her for breathing in 17 (hopefully) weeks, and her hearing is getting better and better

Heartbeat: 158 beats/minute

Total weight gain/loss: +14 lbs...eek!! It's getting hard for me to want to step on the scale and see these numbers continually going up and up. 

Maternity clothes: Most definitely! Maternity pants are needed 100% of the time and I can still wear some of my shirts, but some are definitely getting tight! A sweet friend from church loaned me some of her maternity shorts that fit great, and I went to Ross on Saturday morning and bought 4 new tank tops so I'm much more ready for summer. The rest of the school year I can make do with non-maternity shirts, and the 5 work-appropriate maternity shirts that I already own.

Stretch marks: None yet! Fingers crossed!

Sleep: Ehhh...I wake up feeling rested, but it takes me a long time to fall asleep and when I get up to use the restroom it takes me awhile to fall asleep again.

Movement: I feel her a lot...especially when we lay down to go to bed, but the kicks and movement aren't so strong that I can't sleep because of them.

Food cravings: I'm gonna say a Frappuccino from Starbucks. If I could I would stop daily; instead I go at least once a week (but it's usually twice!)

Gender: A sweet girl!

What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach, not having heartburn (it's not fun)!

What I'm looking forward to: 14 working days left...3 of which I have already taken off, plus the last day is a half day, and we have end-of-year parties in there, so in my head I'm already on summer vacation!

How are you feeling: Good! Can't complain :)




No comments:

Post a Comment