Thursday, July 7, 2011

Staycation to the Zoo

Our first big outing on our staycation was to the Fort Worth zoo. It was kind of an impromptu trip, and we only got to stay for a couple of hours because the zoo closes at 5:00, but we still had a great time! Besides, who wants to stay outside longer than a couple of hours when it's 102 degrees outside??

We saw all kinds of cool animals. Even the gorilla thought it was too hot outside, though!





Zane was having a great time at the zoo!




Karys loved the zoo, too! The highlight of her trip was getting to pet a real chicken!




Magan family photo (minus Daddy who was taking the photo)


We also went to an aquarium inside the zoo. There was a place where we could measure ourselves against different types of penguins. I'm happy to say that I was taller than all the penguins - though just barely! Apparently the emperor penguin (in the picture below) is fairly tall!


Karys was taller than an African penguin.


When we were headed out we stopped in the gift shop, and since I am so mature I had to take this picture:


Then Zane drove us all home :)







2 comments:

  1. I honestly don't know when the last time I went to the Zoo was. I can't wait until Pearson is old enough to take!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok that first picture cracked me up! Too funny! Also your niece and nephew are so cute! His little faces made me smile.

    ReplyDelete