Monday, July 18, 2011

CVS Savings!

I went shopping at CVS today to take advantage of a few deals that I saw. On a side note...CVS seems to be the only place that I really score a lot of great deals. When I go grocery shopping (as in food shopping) I rarely use a coupon. Lately, I've just been shopping at Wal-Mart because Kroger and Target haven't been offering good deals on food, and Wal-Mart's prices are usually the lowest out of the major grocery stores. Does anybody else (who coupons a lot) find this to be true as well - that coupons are used more at drug stores rather than the grocery stores? It really makes me wonder how the Extreme Couponing couponers go to a grocery store and have such huge savings because that's not the case with me! 

Anyways...on to what this post is really about: CVS Shopping/Savings!

I bought: 2 boxes Cheerios (the BIG boxes, 2 boxes Fiber One, 2 bottles Pantene Pro-V, travel size Gillette shave gel, Crest toothpaste, 2 Oral-B Indicator toothbrushes
Everything pictured above should have cost me: $24.44

I only paid: $13.33

That's a savings of 45%!!

OK, now I realize it's not THAT fabulous, but at the last minute I realized that the GM cereal was on sale 2/$5 and added it in without a great plan, but considering the Cheerios are the big family size boxes and they were still included in the sale, I'm pretty happy! I looked at the price of Cheerios at Wal-Mart, and the big box was $4.29! It's almost like I got one box for free! Anyways, here's a break-down of what I did. 

Transaction #1:
Pantene products 2/$6.97 = $2 ECB
- Bought 2 Pantene products
- Used $1.50 ECB I already had
- Used $2/2 Pantene CVS coupon
- Used $1/1 mfr coupon
Paid: $2.67 (not too shabby for shampoo AND conditioner!)
Earned $2 ECB

Transaction #2:
Gillette Shave Gel = $2 ECB
- 1 Gillette shave gel $1.50
- Crest toothpaste - $1.99
- Used $2 ECB from Transaction #1
- Used $0.75/1 Crest coupon
Paid: $0.99
Earned $2 ECB

Transaction #3:
All GM Cereals 2/$5
Oral B Indicator toothbrushes $1.99 =   $1 ECB
- Bought 4 GM Cereals = $10
- Used 2 $0.50/1 Cheerios coupons
Used $1/2 any GM cereal
2 Oral B toothbrushes = $3.98
- Used $1/2 Oral B Indictor coupon
Paid: $9.67
Still have $2 ECB remaining for next time :)

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Julie!! Big savings are so much fun.

    Personally, I haven't seen Extreme Couponing but my best friend does the whole coupon-sales ad thing regularly. I've heard the big savings at the grocery store are usually at Wal-mart where you can do a price comparison to any other store AND use all of the manufacturer's coupons. I'm not sure if you shop like that at Wal-mart but it's apparently the best place to do the grocery part & CVS, like you know, is the best for hygiene/drug store stuff. Oh, and don't forget about Dollar General - sometimes you can luck out there too!

    ReplyDelete