Sunday, July 31, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday, Karys!

I don't know where the time has gone, but this weekend Michel and I traveled to Longview to celebrate our niece's 3rd birthday! Before my sister had kids, I never knew how much fun it could be to be an aunt until I became one. I am so blessed to have a niece and nephew that are so much fun and seem to love being around me as well! It makes me excited to have kids of my own (but that's still awhile away!) Every year, I comment and say "It seems like just yesterday we were driving to Longview to meet her for the first time" and now she's 3! As you can tell, I'm a very proud aunt! I've always been grateful that Michel and I were already dating when she was born, and we were engaged when she was 7 months old, so she's been around him all her life, and we've started referring to him around her as Uncle Michel ever since he and I got engaged, so she's always grown up knowing him, and with him in her life! 

After our family "staycation" to Chuck E. Cheese, my sister decided to do her party there. As soon as she walked in the door, she said "want ride horse" because that was her favorite ride when we were at the one in Rockwall. Luckily, Longview had the same horse for her to ride! 


Her party was from 10:00 a.m. - noonish, so that we would beat the majority of the crowd, and it worked perfectly! When we first got there it was pretty empty. And since there were so many of Karys's family there, the adults got to take turns walking around Chuck E. Cheese with her, and playing games ourselves! 

One of the preferred adult games was Deal or No Deal.


When others began wanting to play it as well, Janette and I got competitive in a game of Guitar Hero! I discovered that I'm not all that great...


I attempted to walk around and take pictures of all the party guests, but apparently I got more interested in playing games than taking pictures because I only got pictures of my immediate family - I didn't even take pictures of Zane! Oh well...hopefully he won't be too scarred by that :)

My mom and sister  - is it just me or do they really look alike in this picture?

Proud aunt and uncle!

Since the beginning of July, Janette has asked Karys what kind of birthday party she wanted. Janette listed all of her favorite shows to help her decide: Elmo, Toy Story, Wonder Pets. But, like a true 3-year-old, Karys chose the show that's not super-popular among other kids, making it hard to find themed party decor: Bubbleguppies. Luckily, Janette found a Bubbleguppies cake-topper, so that she could have a Bubbleguppies party!


Getting ready to blow out her candles!
Happy Birthday sweet girl! Uncle Michel and Aunt Julie love you so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment