Thursday, July 21, 2011

Do I want to....?

For some weird and unknown reason, I have really been in the mood to start running again! I have taken a major break from it since I finished the White Rock half marathon on December 4, 2010.



Michel and I were first-timers in the event and it was really fun getting to do the whole thing with him! Don't get me wrong...we didn't run together because he finished about 35 minutes quicker than I did, but just the fact that we had gone through all the training and everything was a lot of fun, and definitely a motivator! This year, he's not sure he wants to do it, and I'm kind of wanting to again. However, I know myself and I'm not sure if I would stick to the running schedule and training without his encouragement. Do I want to get back to getting up before 5:00 in the morning to go run, OR do my runs after I get home from work? Do I want that horrendously LONG run hanging over my head and occupying my precious Saturday mornings?? I have that mindset right now when I should be thinking more "Don't I want that gratifying feeling of knowing that I accomplished a HALF marathon??" 

Hmmmm....I can't decide what I want to do!! Is anybody else running it this year??

1 comment:

  1. You are so talented lady and I know you could totally do it:) I wish I had your motivation to run another race!

    ReplyDelete