Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Fabulous Weekend

A few months ago, Michel told me that there was a pistol class being offered in Nacogdoches this weekend that we wanted to go to, and asked me if that was OK with me since this is the weekend before Valentine's Day, and he has to work on Valentine's Day. However, I'm not really all that into doing something big for Valentine's Day, so it really didn't bother me. So we came to an agreement that I didn't mind him going to Nacogdoches for the weekend if he didn't mind me going to my sister's house in Longview for the weekend (which he was fine with).

Just as a back story, I've always been super close with my sister. She's a couple years older than me, so when she went away to college, I was excited when the opportunity came up that her roommate was away for the weekend and she invited me to stay with her for a weekend by myself (without our parents). We ended up continuing that fun tradition where I would go visit by myself about once per semester. I always got to stay in her dorm room, hang out with her friends, and just have fun - just the two of us. This fun tradition continued on even after she got married. Once a summer, I would find time that was convenient for both of us and go down for a long weekend. I never wanted to overstay my welcome, just get in some good time together! Once I got married, I figured this tradition would have to stop, but it's managed to keep going. It's not that I don't enjoy having my parents and my husband around by any means...it's just something I've gotten used to doing since it has happened at least once a year for the last 9 or 10 years!

So anyways, I headed to Longview after work on Friday afternoon. Once there, I was excited to see that our plans for the evening were to lounge around and stay in, so I immediately changed into my p.j.'s :) Ryan, my brother-in-law, had made us homemade chicken fried steaks (one of my favorites!) and Janette made mashed potatoes and green beans to go alongside...it was delicious! My sister also made no-bake cookies which are my absolute, favorite cookie! Maybe I like going down there for the food too ;) I can't even explain all the great fun I had playing with my 2 and a half year old niece, and cuddling with my sweet 6-week-old nephew! My mom asked me to take lots of pictures, but that didn't end up happening unfortunately. I tried getting some shots of Zane smiling (he was smiling at me a lot on Friday night, but I couldn't get him to do it much since them!), but I did manage to get one cute little picture of him in his little rocker outfit :)


He's super cute and very cuddly, but definitely not small and petite like his big sister! That boy can eat!! My forearms are already sore from holding him so much, and by the end of the weekend I had been spit up on and pooped on, but I wouldn't have changed that for anything! I love my family so much!!

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I love you sister!! :) I'm so glad you've been able to continue our tradition of getting in some good time together. And I'm so happy that you love my kids so much...I think Karys was in a little bit of a funk this afternoon/evening without you here!! You got a really cute picture of Zane...he's such a cutie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HE IS SUCH A CUTIE!!! LOVE the little rockstar outfit too:)

    ReplyDelete