Sunday, September 1, 2013

Baby Bump Week 38!!



How far along are you? 38 weeks!!!


How are you measuring? At my 37 week appointment I measured as 35 weeks. I was also about 3 cm dilated and 50% effaced

How big is your baby? Well...I had another sonogram on Wednesday, and she was estimated at 6.5 lbs which seems fairly normal to me. I know that babies gain a few ounces to half a pound a week at the end of pregnancy, so if I deliver at 40 weeks and she gains 1/2 lb. that would put her at 7.5 pounds by the time she's delivered. We'll see what really happens!

What major developments is your baby undergoing this week? She's really plumped up and should have developed a firm grasp - the better to hold Mommy and Daddy's finger once she makes her big arrival!

Heartbeat: 145 bpm - OB always comments that her heartbeat sounds really good which always makes her mommy and daddy feel good!

Total weight gain/loss: +29.8 according to my scale at home. I haven't lost weight anymore (yay! - the first time I'm ever happy for not losing weight). I don't gain much from week to week, but according to babycenter.com it's normal for weight gain to slow down, or even stop, at the end of pregnancy. Doctor was fine with my weight this week!

Maternity clothes: 100% in maternity clothes except for a very few things that I only wear around the house. 

Stretch marks: None on my stomach!! A few on each hip, but I kind of wonder if I had those pre-pregnancy and just didn't notice as much.

Sleep: I wake up consistently every 2-3 hours to go to the bathroom. Usually I can go back to sleep, but again I'm consistently getting up for good between 5:30 and 6:30. 

Best moment this week: We've had a pretty low-key week. Part of it is just that I would rather stay inside the cool house than get out in the heat. On Monday, Michel and I went to the pool and loved that it was COMPLETELY empty!!! We've had a couple of fun impromptu lunch dates, and just had fun doing stuff, or doing nothing, and spending lots of time together before we are no longer a couple, but a family!

Movement: Holy cow...she moves ALL. THE. TIME. There are random times throughout the day where I don't feel her for an hour or so, but the rest of the time she moves so much that she makes my belly dance! 

Food cravings: I wanted some powdered donuts this morning :)

Gender: A sweet girl! Audrey Grace Zoutendam :) 

What I miss: Not much...I really haven't had much issues with food, I've slept pretty good this week, so I have felt pretty good! 

What I'm looking forward to: Holding my sweet baby in my arms! I've enjoyed pregnancy, but now I'm ready to be a mommy :)

How are you feeling: Pretty good...probably my biggest complaint is that I have developed the "pregnant woman waddle" :) I also have a TON of pelvic pressure, and some pain from baby girl being so far down! At least it just means she's heading in the right direction to exit her home she's had for the last 9 months :)

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy these hours, days, or weeks you have left. In a very short time, you will be a family of three! You two are going to be wonderful parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 38 weeks lady! I cannot believe that Audrey will be here in such a short while. What a fun and exciting time. I wish you and Michel the best and know it is such an amazing little blessing. I also love your impromptu lunches and pool dates. Enjoy it lady! :) Looking forward to seeing if there will be a week 39 post?!?!

    ReplyDelete