Saturday, September 7, 2013

My Second Week as a Stay-At-Home Mom

This week was the second week of school for teachers and kids - which meant the second week of me being a stay-at-home mom! We've been a lot more low-key this week because it's been so hot, and I have been on "take-it-easy" not-quite-bed-rest orders from my OB since Wednesday.

Monday - Happy Labor Day! We did a thorough dusting of our house while Michel smoked a brisket on his smoker for us. We had a lot of fun watching movies, and eating a yummy dinner!

Tuesday - Michel's last day of work for over a month! I honestly don't remember what I did that day...probably nothing :)

Wednesday - Had an OB appointment, and a sonogram appointment after last week's fluid leakage to make sure baby still had plenty of fluid to hang out in (which she did). At the OB everything looked good (weight, baby's heart rate), but my blood pressure was a little high. It was 138/82. According to Michel, on the ambulance they consider 140/90 in the pre-eclampsia range! I wasn't surprised to hear it was a little elevated because I'd had a couple of nosebleeds in the last week, but I didn't think it would be that high. Doctor told me to go home and rest and take it easy, come back tomorrow, and get it checked again. We also found out that I'm still 2-3 cm dilated, but now am 75% effaced. Things are heading in the right direction!

Thursday - Went back to the OB to get blood pressure checked. It had gone down considerably to 120/84 - still a tad high for pregnancy, but a huge improvement from Wednesday! Michel and I had a couple of low-key errands to run, then we went to an early lunch at Cheddar's (one of my faves) and splurged on an appetizer and dessert! You just can't go to Cheddar's and not get a Cookie Monster!

Friday - We seriously did nothing. We didn't leave the house at all, and it was kind of nice! I caught up on laundry and baked some peanut butter cookies, and Michel mopped all of the hard floors and vacuumed again. He's such a good husband and housekeeper!

Saturday - Michel and I decided to go on an early day date. We were both awake at like 6 a.m. this morning, so we decided to take in a cheap movie that only cost $6 rather than the regular price of $10. We went and saw Despicable Me 2 (really funny, and just as good as the first one!) this morning and then we went to Frankie's for some delicious Mexican food for lunch! Then it's back at the house for more R&R. I'm not going to lie - I love R&R, but I'm getting a little tired of it. I'm trying to remind myself that it won't be long before I kill for days like this!

I'm really hoping that I won't be able to post about my third week as a stay-at-home mom unless there's a baby to write about. I want to meet my little girl so badly! The anticipation is killing me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment