Sunday, September 15, 2013

Baby Bump Week 40 :)




How far along are you? Not pregnant anymore!! We have a 5-day-old little girl

How are you measuring? Much smaller than I was this time last week


How big is your baby? She weighed 7 lbs 2 oz at birth; 6 lbs., 10 oz. at discharge, and 6 lbs., 6 oz. at her Friday pediatrician appointment. My milk hadn't come in at that point, so we have to go back tomorrow to check her bilirubin levels (she was a bit jaundiced), and milk has now come in so I'm hoping to find out she's gained weight!

What major developments is your baby undergoing this week? Learning how to sleep without being in someone's arms - so far today is going great! She has taken three 1-hour naps in her swing, a 20-minute nap in the carseat after we went for a walk, and has currently been asleep (while swaddled!) for about 30 minutes! 

Heartbeat: I don't know

Total weight gain/loss: -8 lbs....I am still retaining a TON of water! My feet and hands/fingers are still pretty swollen (especially my feet), and my doctor said this was normal and they will probably get worse before they get better. I look much thinner than I did this time last week, though!

Maternity clothes: I'm still wearing maternity clothes with a few non-maternity tops. I know I'm nowhere near ready to fit into my old clothes. Hopefully nursing will help me get into them sooner though!

Stretch marks: I did end up developing just a few stretch marks under my belly button, but I do not care. She was totally worth it!

Sleep: I can sleep COMFORTABLY on my stomach again!!!!! It's awesome, and I have ben sleeping SOOO well! Well...sleeping well considering that I get up at least twice a night to feed her. Since she lost some weight after discharge the pediatrician suggest I do a supplemental formula feeding. I decided to do this at night so that somebody else can feed her (it was my sister, now it will be Michel). While I love nursing her, getting such little sleep was really taking a toll on me. If I can get a 5-6 hour stretch once during the night it makes for a much happier mama!

Best moment this week: Meeting our precious baby girl, having family over, lots of good things happened this week!

Movement: She's a squirmer! But now I don't feel those movements inside of me. I do see her stretch and squirm in ways where I think "I felt her move like that inside of me too"

Food cravings: No cravings...well, I did want Whataburger a couple times this week, but obviously that's just because I love Whataburger and not due to pregnancy :) I am happy to say that I have zero heartburn, acid reflux, or indigestion and it has been so nice!

Gender: A sweet girl! Audrey Grace Zoutendam :) 

What I miss: Nothing. I love my little girl so much! Ummm...well maybe I miss sleeping, but I wasn't doing that much near the end of my pregnancy. But Audrey is still worth my lack of sleep that I get

What I'm looking forward to: Her first Haloween, Thanksgiving, and especially Christmas!

How are you feeling: I feel great! Labor and delivery went very smoothly for me, and I was most sore after delivery on Wednesday and Thursday. I'm still a bit sore from my stitches, but not at all like I was!

2 comments: