Thursday, September 5, 2013

"Are you sure you're having a girl?"

So, today while in the elevator going to get my blood pressure checked at the doctor, I had the weirdest run-in with a perfect stranger. I felt this was too long to put on Facebook, plus without proper explanation I didn't want it to sound like I was actually mad, or upset about this - I'm not - it's just odd to me how nosy some people can be.

OK, so like I said, we were in the elevator, and it was pretty crowded! There was a woman wearing scrubs (hospital employee) that I was standing beside, and this conversation seriously played out:

Lady: Are you having a boy?
Me: No, it's a girl.
Lady: Are you sure it's a girl?
Me: Yes.
Lady: Have you had a sonogram to check? The way you're carrying you really look like you're having a boy because it's so low. Are you sure you're having a girl?
Me: Yes, I've had a sonogram. It's a girl.
Lady: Are you close to delivery? You're just carrying so low.
Me: Yes, I'm due in about 10 days.
Lady: That's probably why you're carrying so low. Your baby has probably dropped.

And that was the end of the conversation because we got to our floor. Like I said, the conversation didn't anger, or upset me in any way. It really just kind of took me by surprise that she was kind of all up in my personal business. OK, maybe I was a tad annoyed by the end of the conversation that she's questioning the sex of the baby because she saw me for 30 seconds in the elevator. And I would kind of prefer not to talk about how far the baby has dropped in an elevator full of strangers. It was just one of those odd/"did-that-really-just-happen?" stories :)

3 comments:

  1. When I was pregnant with Janette, I was told by almost everyone that I would have a boy because I was carrying her so low. I never had a sonogram, but I thought these people who said that sounded like they knew what they were talking about. Apparently they did not!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So are you sure you're having a girl? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL she better be a girl after all the hard work we put in to creating such a cute pink nursery!

      Delete