Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Fur, Feathers, and Firetrucks

So, if you saw my Facebook status yesterday, you know that yesterday was a bit crazy in the Zoutendam household! I think it was my punishment for not getting up and working out :)

My alarm went off at 5:30, and I got up and went into the bathroom to start putting in my contacts, and Michel was already in there getting ready for work, and he said he was surprised I was getting up so early since we didn't have anything going on until that afternoon. I got to thinking about it, and I thought, "Why am I getting up so early when I have nowhere to be until this afternoon?" so I went back to bed, and set my alarm for 7! Well...that was mistake #1. I should have stayed up and gotten my workout on :)

Anyways, I set my alarm back for 7, but never fell asleep, so I got up at 6:30 and thought I could make myself a nice cup of coffee, look at coupon deals (I've gotten back into that), and relax for awhile before Audrey got up. She's been consistently waking up around 7:45 for the last week which is nice because it gives me a lot of time to do stuff. Well, today, she woke up at 6:45! I have a rule, though, that I won't get her out of bed before 7 because I don't want her one day getting up at 6:45, then the next day maybe it's 6:30, and so on. 7:00 or later is good with me - especially considering I don't put her to bed before 8. So, no coffee for me, no lazy Internet time. I get her up, feed her, play, etc.

Around 9:00, she starts getting ready to go down for a nap. I had her in the swing, and she was already falling asleep. Her thumb was in her mouth, her eyes were droopy, it was time for a nap. We walk to her room, and I put her in bed, and all of the sudden Ninja comes TEARING into her room! He's leaving tufts of fur behind, so I know something has him all worked up. I was afraid he had something stuck to him - a lizard maybe. Michel was at work, so whatever the problem was, I was going to have to take care of it. :( Ninja is chasing something up and over the rocking chair in Audrey's room, and my daughter goes from being almost asleep to fully awake. Ninja races out of the room, and I follow him. Audrey's squealing/fussing - not out of fear, more like she was almost asleep and now doesn't know why she's awake, but she's safest in her bed, so I leave her there while I figure out what is in my house. I come into the hall to find this:





A big lump of bird. All the dark spots you see around the bird and Ninja are fur and feathers. The bird is still alive, and able to fly. Ninja starts pawing at him, and again the chase is on! Then the bird got stuck in our blinds that hang on the back door. I open the door, and with a lot of work, manage to get him outside. Unfortunately, the bird was either weak, or a little dumb, and flew into our yard and landed on the grass....and Ninja carried him right back inside. The excitement ends there, as Ninja literally played the bird to death. Then I had to put the bird in a Wal-Mart sack, and take it out to the trash.

During all of this commotion, Audrey had fallen back asleep, and I still had a workout to do. I got on the treadmill and ran...and Audrey woke up 7 minutes into it (her morning naps are only like 45 min.). I got off the treadmill, vacuumed the house because there was no floor space where I could put her that there weren't fur and feathers, and got her out of bed. I was determined to finish my run, so I brought her in our bedroom, gave her some toys, and she went to town playing with toys and watching me run. By 10:00 that morning, we had had a pretty eventful day!

Fast forward to the afternoon. We had already planned on going to see Michel at work, so after a nice, long afternoon nap we headed to Allen. Audrey was in awe of the fire truck. I managed to snap this cute picture! Sorry it's a little blurry :)

So, that sums up our crazy Tuesday of fur, feathers, and firetrucks! Hoping for a more relaxed Wednesday :)

3 comments:

  1. I still think this is hilarious! You have your Aunt Becca's talent for telling an otherwise ordinary tale and making it very funny! It's a gift!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thanks! I take that as a huge compliment :)

      Delete
  2. Sooooo funny!!! :) Way to not let a little bird excitement keep you from finishing your workout!

    ReplyDelete