Sunday, March 30, 2014

Shapin' Up and Slimmin' Down (and maybe a little venting)

I lost 1.4 pounds this week. However, since I gained 1 pound last week, I technically only lost 0.4lbs.

OK, I need to vent. I've been eating right and exercising since the beginning of November. Considering we're 2 days away from the beginning of April, that's FIVE months!!! How much have I lost altogether in 5 months?? Thirteen pounds! That averages out to about 2 1/4 lbs lost PER MONTH....which is about half a pound per week. I feel like I'm eating healthier than I ever have in my life, and working out really well, and it's just made me a little down this week. Spring is quickly approaching, and I would love to bust out my capri pants, but they don't fit....or at least not well. I thought by this point I would see better results I guess. I'm really having a hard time losing belly weight. I'm just really feeling frustrated this week, and felt like getting real on my blog. Sorry for the pity party :)

2 comments:

  1. And now you see why I go back and forth in doing well/not doing well. Because it doesn't seem to matter. I weigh the same no matter what I do! I refuse to be defeated by this but it really stinks! So I understand your frustration! :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, you are doing great! I know it may not be as quick as you want it, but you are still making progress! Slow and steady and you're more likely to keep it off. Second, try adding in some weights to your exercise routine. Building muscle has really helped me shed the inches if not the pounds. I'm on this journey with you, so I know how hard it is, but you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete