Sunday, March 17, 2013

Body Pillows

So, I don't know if I'm popping out early, or if I'm on track, but I feel a bit fat lately. And I don't really feel like that until I put on regular clothes. I feel like I look fairly normal when I'm in my lazy clothes/workout clothes, but the minute I put on jeans and even my "fat pants" they're SOOO snug around my belly! I've only put on about 4.5-5 lbs since finding out that I was pregnant. The last time I went to the doctor she actually told me that she had wished I had seen a bigger weight gain, but I digress...just ranting for now :)

My true reason for this post is because I'm finding that it's getting more and more uncomfortable for me to lay on my stomach, or to put anything on my stomach (my laptop is what I'm thinking of, specificially). Michel and I went to Target to get a body pillow, but didn't find any. We did a search online and found that we can either just get a long pillow for like $15, or a Boppy body pillow that is kind of an 8-figure for about $45. So my question to any of you who have ever bought and used a body pillow is what did you get, and did you like it? I don't mind spending more money if it will keep me more comfy, but if an extra long pillow is all that I need I'll get that and save some money. Thanks ladies :)

5 comments:

  1. I have always been a side and back sleeper but after 20 weeks your not supposed to sleep on your back... Something about cutting off circulation because of the weight of your uterus blah blah blah. I couldn't justify buying a $50 pregnancy pillow. I tried body pillow first. I got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond. It was like $29 without a 20% off coupon. It is actually flexible enough that I can flex it into a curved shape and then stack a couple of regular pillows behind my back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a hard time sleeping comfortable pretty early on. Around 22 weeks I decided to invest in a body pillow. I got one of the pregnancy pillow (can't remember what it's called) at Babies R Us. I used it for a few days, hated it, and took it back. It was constantly in the way and I felt like I woke up Matt every time I had to move the pillows and switch positions. However I have heard of many people that have loved them. So you might try it out like I did and see if you like it. What I ended up doing is just moving a few pillows from our guest bedroom to our bed. I always hugged one/put it kind of underneath my belly then put one in between my legs. To me it was much more manageable to use regular pillow than a big one. Just my preference though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sweet friend!! So excited for you and Michael =) Ask Jess about the body pillow thing....I think she used it up until maybe the last trimester? Because she said her hips hurt laying on one side and when she needed to roll over it was a lot to get her and the pillow over...so I think she ended up using just a mountain of pillows. = ) learned a lot from her when she was preggo with Jax =)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you remember that blue pillow Grandma used to use to put behind her back? That's the kind of thing I used. I think I even used that exact pillow! I just stuck it under my stomach (I'm a side/almost on my stomach sleeper) and it totally worked! I think I still have it. I'll send it with Ryan on Saturday and you can give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a $15 dollar pillow from Target and it worked great for me! Joel called it the "Great Wall" and it really felt like we had a 3rd full size person in the bed with us every night, but it was the only way I could sleep. I didn't try the expensive pillow because the cheap one worked for me. You could always start small/cheap and work your way up if you need it.

    ReplyDelete