Sunday, March 3, 2013

Baby Z 12 weeks


Excuse the lazy afternoon clothes! I only took a picture from the side because I don't have on any makeup. Check it out...I definitely have a bump emerging! At first, I was kind of freaking out, but I checked my weight and I've only gained 2 lbs since my doctor's appointment (which is probably b/c we've gone out to eat a lot and had decadent cake daily because of my birthday), but I'm also really short, so I'm not that surprised if I start popping out before some of my taller friends.

How far along are you? 12 weeks

How are you measuring? I should know more on Tuesday when we go in for a sono and some genetic testing!

How big is your baby? Just over 2 inches long - about the size of a lime

What major developments is your baby going through right now? Baby's developing reflexes! The baby looks unmistakably human - though very tiny. Baby's kidneys now can excrete urine into the bladder. And apparently if I prod at my stomach baby will move in response, but I can't feel anything.

Heartbeat: 168 bpm...again, I'll know more after our Tuesday appt!

Total weight gain/loss: According to my scale I'm up +3-3.5 lbs (up 2 from the doctor, so a total of 3-3.5). I would like to attribute it to my birthday week where we went out to eat several times, and have eaten a delicious triple-layer chocolate cake everyday since Tuesday!

Maternity clothes: Not yet, but it's coming! I did use my BeBand (Target version of a Bella Band) for the first time on Friday at school. It was amazing!!

Stretch marks: Not yet!

Sleep: I want to sleep all the time! Even days where I've slept 10+ hours, I end up falling asleep for 20ish minutes in the middle of the day!

Gender predictions: I'm still sticking with a girl. If we're really lucky we can find out on Tuesday!

What I miss: All the diet Coke I used to drink :)

What I'm most looking forward to: This week! I'm off on Tuesday for a dr's appt., Wednesday I'll be at school, but I have a sub to cover me for parent-teacher conferences, Friday is a half day, and then Saturday starts my first day of Spring Break!!

How are you feeling: Still tired most of the time!!


3 comments:

  1. I hate to disappoint you, but you will not be finding out on Tuesday. You can't see it on a sonogram until at least 14 weeks. Besides, if you get it too early and they say girl there's a better chance they would be wrong! I know it's hard to wait, but you really want to be at least 18 weeks...then you can be confident in what they say! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing that little "bump" start to show. I still can't hardly believe how fast the time has gone. It really doesn't seem that long ago (in many ways) that you and Janette were that little "bump." So glad you are enjoying every minute! Precious times ahead!! And by the way, I couldn't resist buying a little Easter gift for that new little life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My doctor said one can of diet coke a day was totally fine. So don't feel quilty if you have one a day. I sure did!! I couldn't go without my Diet Coke!! And Pearson turned out just fine!!

    ReplyDelete