Thursday, March 24, 2011

I finally have time to blog!!

Yay for finally having time to blog about something other than my meal planning (which by the way has been very helpful in sticking to low-cal meals)!

As most everyone knows, last week was Spring Break! I had a great time catching up with my very best friend (who, I'm proud to say, has been my best friend since around the 8th grade!). Unfortunately, I don't always remember to take my camera with me, or I just don't feel like it's a picture-worthy moment, so I don't have a ton of pictures.

During the last weekend of Spring Break, Michel and I took a mini-vacation to College Station. I have a cousin who lives there, and we were having a housewarming/meeting his new fiancee party for him. On Friday night, I texted a friend of mine (she and her husband went to A&M) to ask where some good places were to eat, and it turned out that she and her husband also decided to spend the weekend in College Station! So we all met up for dinner and ice cream, and the Zellners gave us a grand tour of A&M!

Here are pictures of Ray and Alicia Zellner, and Michel and I (below) standing under the Century tree. For anyone whose not familiar with A&M traditions, you ONLY stand under/walk under this tree with the person that you're planning on spending the rest of your life with.

It's official! Michel's stuck with me for the rest of his life :) Not only did we take wedding vows, but now we walked under the Century tree, so he promised to stay with me forever two different times!

This is us in front of the entrance to the Aggie Bonfire Memorial. 

We had dinner at this place called Blue Baker. I just got a sandwich, but man, was it delicious! Then, of course, we had to wash it down with some ice cream, so we went to Ben & Jerry's!

We had a great time with you, Zellners!!

3 comments:

  1. I already told Alica, but I am so jealous of your trip to College Station. It's been 4 years (since I graduated) since I've been back. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you blogged about it! What a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so great to spend time with you guys in College Station. What a crazy unexpected but AMAZING time:) So glad we could share some fun memories with you guys! Here's to our next crazy unexpected get together:)lol

    ReplyDelete