Sunday, May 11, 2014

Not quite the Mother's Day I had in mind....

My plan for today was to get up and go to church as a family, take some pictures while we were all dressed nicely, put Audrey to bed, eat Whataburger for lunch, play with Audrey after her afternoon nap, and then Michel was going to grill us steaks for dinner after Audrey went to bed for the night.

Well...most of that has happened. Last week, Audrey was pretty fussy throughout the day, which is really unusual for her. We'll have a fussy time here and there, but it's not usually daily, let alone several times throughout the day. Friday was by far her crankiest day. Saturday she woke up with a horrendous cough, so I figured that Friday's cranky day was that just-getting-sick yucky day when you have drainage, your throat hurts really bad, etc. So Saturday she was in a pretty good mood, but still had that yucky cough which later turned to a small fever. So by Saturday night we had decided to stay home from church.

So (the grammar Nazi in me is disturbed by how many sentences I'm starting with "so"...sorry Mom!) rather than getting up and getting dressed for church, we got up, got dressed, and went to Legacy E.R. where she was diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection, and we were prescribed some antibiotics for her. We've had a bit of a "blast from her past" and somewhat-reverting back to her newborn days because the poor girl is only able to stay awake for about 2 hours at a time before she's falling asleep while playing, or while we're holding her. My daughter is an excellent sleeper, but when she's had good naps, she can stay awake for about 3-4 hours before it's nap/bed time. Needless to say, my first Mother's Day has been filled cuddling a sleepy, sick baby who has LOVED bouncing on my exercise ball. Her poor fever spiked all the way to 103.5 when she woke up from her 2 1/2 hour-long afternoon nap, so we put her in a tepid bath (thanks for the idea, Mom!), and let her soak for a bit, and of course gave her some Tylenol which has only brought it down to 100.0. Hopefully, once these antibiotics get into her system she'll start recovering quickly! I do love my sweet baby snuggles, but it's sad seeing her want to just lay down and cuddle a half hour after waking up from a 2 1/2 hour nap because it's so out of character for her! I did still get my Whataburger for lunch, and I'll be getting a nice steak dinner, so that part of our plans are still able to happen. Also, Michel and Audrey got me a spa gift certificate, and a gift certificate for some awesome house decor I can order online. Michel's pretty good about knowing what I like!

I would definitely still categorize this Mother's Day as a blessed one despite our setbacks. I've still been able to spend it with my sweet little girl, and the most amazing husband ever! I love my little family of 3! I hope all the mothers out there reading this blog have also had a blessed Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Poor baby. :( Sorry she's sick but glad you guys are having a good day in spite of that!

    ReplyDelete