Saturday, May 10, 2014

Look Whooo Is 8 Months Old!

I'll start off by saying, as I type this, poor girl is in her bed trying to take a nap, and just hacking away. :( This is the third time she's gotten a little cold. Yesterday, she did not feel good. At all. And she let us know it. I think it was probably the crankiest day we've ever had with her, and nothing we did made her feel better. Finally as her afternoon nap approached, Michel took her to the couch and laid down with her on his chest, and that seemed to do the trick. She laid on top of him, sucking her thumb for about 30 minutes before he put her in bed for a nap. Her naps yesterday were really bad, too, which also contributed to her crankiness. She had a hard time sleeping last night (which is incredibly unusual for her), and I thought we would have another cranky day, but luckily she's been pretty easy to make her smile or laugh, and she'll just give me a sad, pitiful whine when she just needs to sit in Mommy's lap, or get some cuddles. Poor baby. :(

Anyways, time with our precious girl is flying by! I can't believe we're 4 short months away from her first birthday! Where does the time go?? Everyday I see her continue to grow, learn, and develop new things. She really is so much fun, and so easy to take places (except for the grocery store...seriously, there will be tears if I have to run in the store...what's up with that??).

Weight/length/head circumference: I don't know. I tried measuring her head circumference the other day and she kept grabbing the tape measurer out of my hand, so I gave up. I tried weighing her, but she doesn't weigh enough for me to set her on the scale and the scale to register. I tried weighing myself first, then weighing myself while holding her, and it would have made her weigh 21 pounds, and I'm pretty sure she's more in the 17lb range, so I didn't think that was accurate.

Sleep: Audrey takes 2 naps a day. Her morning nap is generally around 9 or 9:30 for about 45 minutes to an hour, and her second nap is usually around 1:30 or 2 and lasts about 2 hours (sometimes 2 1/2 if she's really tired). She goes to bed anywhere between 7 and 7:30 and sleeps a full 12 hours.

Eating: She has a bottle 4 times a day and eats about 24-27oz a day (though while she's been sick it's dropped down to about 20-22oz/day), and eats a half to a full container of baby food twice a day.

Clothes: She is wearing 6-9m onesies, pants, and dresses. She has a couple of 9m outfits that she can wear, but if it has pants they're a little long. She should get used to that!

New achievements of the month:
1. Audrey does Pat-a-Cake! It's her own special version of "clapping," but it's super cute!
2. I've been using the signs "more" and "all-done" with her for a couple of months now. She hasn't quite figured out which one is which, but she does know that using her hands gets her what she wants, so I've seen her use "all-done" once or twice, but if she forgets which sign she should be using, she automatically defaults to her "clapping". I'm sure in her mind she's like, "I know I'm supposed to do something with my hands, but I forgot which one, so I'm just gonna clap. It makes Mommy happy." :)
3. She's definitely an independent sitter! If she falls over, it's because she did it purposefully, or was reaching for a toy, and it was further away than she anticipated.

Things she likes:
1. Laying on Daddy's chest
2. Being held
3. Eating solid foods
4. Crinkly toys
5. Pat-a-cake
6. Sleeping when she doesn't feel good

Things she doesn't like:
1. Grocery shopping with Mommy
2. Seeing the bottle, but it doesn't make it to her mouth quickly enough

I feel like I rushed the end, but she woke up about 10 minutes ago, and is calling for me! :)

Happy early Mother's Day! Hopefully I remember to take good pictures and I can blog about it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment