Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Guess Whooo Is 2 Months Old??

I think this is my favorite picture I've ever taken of her....just look how cute and happy she is!



The time is flying with our sweet little girl! She turned 2 months old on Sunday, but I purposely waited until today to blog because today was her 2-month well visit and I wanted to wait and see what her height and weight were. 

Side note: I think immunizations today were more traumatic on Mommy and Daddy. She cried like I have never seen her cry before - her face was beet red! But the nurse has obviously given babies shots before and she just stuck her with each needle one right after the other, so that she wouldn't have time to process how many she was getting. Audrey had 4 immunizations today - one was a liquid that she had to swallow, and 3 were shots. The nurse told us that with the liquid one babies either love them or hate them, and she very much loved it! She sucked it down quickly and kept on sucking on the syringe when it was well past empty!

Anyways, back to business. Audrey is still such a joy to be around! I love hanging out with her, talking to her, teaching her things, watching her discover that she has hands and that she can control those hands, and so much more! She smiles at us, and sometimes those smiles take up her whole face, she's constantly talking if she's awake, and rarely fusses. 

Length: 22 1/2 inches (50th %ile) - all of her length is in her torso...her poor little legs are so short - just like her Mommy's and Daddy's

Weight: 10.25 lbs (25th %ile)

Head circumference: 15 in (25th %ile)

Sleep: It's going great! We have a great schedule and routine going. She eats every 3 hours during the day, naps for about an hour and a half in between feedings, and has been consistently going 6-6 1/2 hours at night (I feed her at 11, and she generally is up between 5 and 5:30 to eat again, and I get her up to start our morning at 8 a.m.). I can't wait until she'll go from 8-8, or even 8-5/5:30 and eventually sleep the entire 12 hours!

Eating: She eats 2-4 oz. every 3 hours, and usually once per day or every other day she's still hungry after eating 4 oz, and will take in 5-6 oz.!

Clothes: She has some NB pjs that still fit her! They have to be the kind that snap up the front, though. Her head is too big to easily pull a NB onesie over her head. I tried it the other day - it gets stuck. All of the clothes that I put her in are 0-3m and fit perfectly (well...sometimes the legs of pants are a bit long, but it looks like she'll just have to get used to it!)

New achievements of the month:
- She has discovered her hands, and that she can wave/move her hands!
- She definitely developed a social smile! Sometimes we just get a little smile, but sometimes we get a great, big smile that lights up her entire face - it is precious!
- Tracking/eye contact - she's doing great at tracking objects moving, and at making eye contact - especially when she's talking to you
- Speaking of talking, Audrey discovered how awesome talking can be! If she's awake and not eating, she's talking up a storm - to me and her Daddy, her toys, the mobile over her swing...you name it, she'll talk to it
- She tries to mimic tongue movements. I stick my tongue out at her a lot while making silly noises, and she tries to copy it! She generally will stick her tongue out, too.
- I no longer have to put her to sleep, or even close to sleep, before putting her in bed. I generally walk with her for a couple of minutes, talk to her in a soft voice, tell her I love her and just put her down. Usually she is wide awake, and she'll squirm in bed, and talk to herself for a couple of minutes, but she's always asleep within 5-10 minutes of being in bed. It's kinda nice to be honest!

Things she likes:
1. Talking! 
2. Being held, but not always for the purpose of cuddling. Sometimes she wants to be held in a way that she can see your face so that she can talk to you.
3. Bath time - she LOVES getting a bath
4. The swing - she used to not like it that much, but now that she has more head control, she loves it! It's great for when I need to go to the bathroom, do some laundry, etc. I can put her in it knowing that she's happy and safely fastened in it.

Things she doesn't like:
1. Today's shots :(

Other randomness:
1. I was pooped on yesterday. I don't mean I was wiping her and got poop on me either. I mean, I was wiping her, and the infamous grunt started, and before I could move my hand poop started coming out, and got all over my hand! Oh well...I'm sure it won't be the last time :)
2. She's still the cutest, sweetest, happiest little baby ever and Michel and I are so blessed to have her in our lives! And she's blessed to be loved by so many people!

1 comment:

  1. She is a precious one! I loved getting to hear her "talk" this past weekend. And those smiles really do light up her whole face!

    ReplyDelete