Monday, October 22, 2012

October 17, 2012

Our third anniversary was so much fun! It fell on a Wednesday, so I took the day off so that Michel and I could spend the whole day together celebrating and having fun. The morning was spent with each doing our own thing. Michel had to do some studying for an upcoming promotional exam at work, so I did what I do best - nothing! I took advantage of my low-key morning and made myself some scrambled eggs and toast - my current favorite breakfast that I generally don't have time to make when I go to work.

I told Michel that I wanted to go out for lunch since we rarely do that, so we went to Chili's for some delicious burgers, fries, and skillet queso. Then it was off to PetSmart to stock up on cat supplies. We looked at the cats at PetSmart and saw a cute young cat. When we took him out of his cage though he was very bite-y. I realize that kittens and young cats bite and nip because this is how they play with their littermates, but I was afraid he was a little too wild for us. So then it was off to the Murphy shelter and then Wylie. We found the kitten that we wanted at the Murphy shelter, but we couldn't get him until Friday because of our work schedules.

Dinner was a surprise for me. Michel had picked a place, but wanted to surprise me as to where we were going. He chose an awesome restaurant! It's called Sissy's Southern Kitchen and is in downtown Dallas! It was already pretty crowded, but luckily we had reservations. We were seated immediately. Look at how pretty the china is!
 Sissy's menu consisted of delicious fried goodness including two of my favorites - fried chicken and chicken fried steak. I've been on a fried chicken kick lately, so I ordered the fried chicken and Michel ordered the chicken fried steak. Both were delicious! I got mine with a side of mashed potatoes, and Michel and I ordered the biscuits and cornbread to share. The biscuits were TO DIE FOR!! They came with some honey butter which made it even better! Then we finished it off with dessert - better than sex chocolate cake (that's seriously the name of it)! It was incredibly rich, delicious, and Michel and I felt the need to roll out of the restaurant at the end of the meal. It was so good!!!


I love my wonderful hubby!! Can't wait to spend many more years with him!


2 comments: