Thursday, June 7, 2012

Swimsuit Saga

I generally don't get so discouraged looking for a swimsuit, but this year has been a different story! I've been on a mad search for the perfect swimsuit since April!! I'm kind of picky about my swimsuits, so that's partially my fault. I think this year I was even pickier than I normally am. Since this past Monday, Michel and I have really been trying to watch what we eat in preparation for Hawaii (btw...I apologize if you hear me talk about Hawaii a lot; I'm just SOOOO excited about it)! Anyways, I decided that I really wanted to wear a bikini. I generally shy away from bikinis because I carry some weight in my lower stomach, but I decided I really wanted to get one for Hawaii. Anyways, I still wanted to take a tankini with me because I know myself...I'll eat all of my favorite foods and after about day 2 I probably will feel more comfortable in a tankini than a bikini. So the search was on.

My perfect tankini is something like these:

They're fun colors, cute patterns, and they look age-appropriate for me. Another thing I really like is that it still shows SOME skin. I'm by no means trying to be naked on the beach, but I also don't want to cover everything up. I mean, if I was going to cover everything up, I'd be eating a cheeseburger and a milkshake for lunch everyday rather than a grilled chicken salad.

Anyways, I have a tankini that I really love, and will definitely be taking with me on my vacation:

Apparently this year tankinis have changed and they now cover EVERYTHING!


My original plan in shopping for a swimsuit was to wait until about mid-July to see if I had lost the few pounds that I'm working on and toned up like I'm trying to do. But in looking around at the stores, I realized if I wait until mid-July I will be out of luck. Today is only June 7th and stores are already running out of their matching pieces (that in itself is frustrating!). So I've been going out in search of the perfect swimsuit: a tankini that shows a bit of skin, in a bright/fun color and pattern, and that's age-appropriate. Oh, and also it had to be  CHEAP!!! I refuse to pay $100 for a swimsuit. I finally found a swimsuit that I really loved!


LOL...it only matches 2 of my must-have qualities! A.) it's not a tankini, so this will make me get in shape before August; B.) it's not a bright/fun color - it's your basic black! However, the picture doesn't show it well, but the flower on the top is all sequins, so it's brighter than the picture makes it out to be. I loved the ruffled edges of it, the top provides some much-needed coverage/support (not because I'm big on top, but because I'm little, so I need something that ties on top so that I can adjust it to my unfortunate small size). However, I loved that it is age-appropriate, and I bought it for $12 each piece...$25 for the whole thing! That's my kind of pricetag! So glad my mad search is over!

However, if anyone sees a tankini that meets my criteria please let me know...I would still like another one to take with me. :) Thanks for listening to my rant!!

1 comment:

  1. YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL and you will find something so amazing! I can relate though. I too am a bit picky and really just want to find the perfect one! Enjoy your Summer and I know you'll find something absolutely perfect for your trip!

    ReplyDelete