Friday, June 8, 2012

Our first ABF pool party of 2012!

For me summer time equals pool parties, hanging out with friends, ice cream, and Sonic drinks! Today, I had the privilege of indulging in all four!

Some friends of mine from my ABF got together (all of us pictured are teachers and lucky enough to be on summer vacation!) at a neighborhood pool for a mid-afternoon swim.

You can't tell because we're all in the pool, but I'm the only one in the pool who isn't pregnant!
Around 3:00 we all decided to call it a day. It was hot and we were starting to feel burned. So I decided to swing by Sonic on my way home and get a drink. While looking at their menu I saw their milkshakes, and I suddenly started craving a milkshake! So, in order to make it a little bit healthier, I decided to make it using frozen yogurt rather than real ice cream, and it was DELICIOUS!!



It was chocolatey, creamy, and something I'll be making more often!
 
 I had so much fun at the pool with some girl friends today! However, as the night went on I did notice that I was feeling a burning sensation on my upper-to-mid back, and in parts of my legs. I went and looked in our bathroom mirror, and I definitely got burned today! Michel and I went to our neighborhood pool twice this week, but only for about 30-45 minutes, and we stayed in the water the entire time, so I never get burned when I'm in the pool. This was my first "true" time out in the sun, and I was out there for 2 hours. Apparently, I need help in applying sunscreen....

My splotchy legs






So, I definitely need more pool time to even out my splotchy burn, and to add more color to me since I'm apparently so pale that I burned so easily even after wearing SPF 50 sunscreen! Oh well...a small price to pay for some fun in the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment